FUND RAISING FOR : infrastructure development (classroom blocks, Teachers houses, school hall).
: ICT Development
Operating as usual
Greetings to you. I hope to find you well.
It is a great privilege that you have been chosen to be amongst the Zvomukonde High School Infrastructure and information Technology Development Project Partnering with the all Alumina. Partnering in this project means partnering with all Zvomukonde community development that will see our school rise to greater heights. We as a school have seen it fit to include you working hand in hand to see this vision brought to life inculcating both your ideas and ours.
A brief back ground of the current state of our school:
• Our enrolment currently stands at 750 pupils with an establishment of 37 teachers.
• Computing has been introduced as a subject although we only have 8 computers currently being used by a number of 50 pupils per class.
• There are 14 classrooms, 17 classes, 6 specialist rooms of which there have been turned into classrooms which are the science lab, a library and fashion and fabrics room. Two classrooms have been also turned into specialist rooms.
• There are 11 teachers’ houses for 37 teachers, 6 who stay outside of the school.
• The school has an internet connection which can be accessed through wireless connection(Wi-Fi)
From the above detailed information we are targeting:
• Housing construction
• Classroom construction
• Specialist room construction
• Information and Technology Development.
• 8 computers versus 50 pupils alluding to that there are 7 pupils per computer in an ideal situation would be that of a computer per pupil which means a need of 100 computers.
• There are 17 classes versus 14 classrooms meaning there is need for 3 classroom blocks to be constructed.
• There is need for construction of specialist rooms that are as follows
1. Computer laboratory room
2. Technical graphics room
3. Commercial subjects rooms
• There is need for 100 seater double desks for both the new blocks and the current ones.
• Special furniture for specialist rooms
• There are 11 houses accommodating 37 teachers, 6 who stay outside. In an ideal situation houses should accommodate at most two teachers meaning only 22 teachers should be accommodated in the staff houses, 11 houses need to be built to accommodate teachers.
• The internet connection needs to be modified to accommodate all classes.
Your support is greatly appreciated from ideas; donations in all forms even in your field of expertise are welcome. It would be great honor to work hand in hand with alumina in our project of all render development.
You are cordial invited for a fund raising ceremony on 03 October 2014 at the school premises. Bring all donations.
H.Nhamo (Deputy head)
A wonderful developing High school that provides quallity education which is situated in Mberengwa District,south of Zvishavane.Sweet comes from sweat!
Dreamers, Believers and Achievers
Mabasa Goverment Secondary School