Roberts Environmental Corp.
We take pride in providing high-quality inspections for residential & commercial property owners. Radon can be found all over the U.S.
Roberts Environmental is a fully licensed and insured environmental consulting company that specializes in mold testing, asbestos testing and indoor air quality inspections throughout the Tri-State area. All of our inspectors are fully licensed/insured and receive ongoing classroom training.
�� Mold Assessments-Mold is the most common cause for respiratory issues. Ongoing water leaks should not
Did your home or business experience any roof leaks from the recent heavy rains?
Give us a call if you see visible mold or smell musty odors.
Did your home or business experience flooding?
Mold can develop quickly after major water events.
Give us a call if you see visible mold or smell musty odors.
Did your basement experience water damage from the recent rain?
In older homes, asbestos floor tiles were commonly used. If the floor tiles were compromised, it could pose a significant health risk.
Give us a call today!
Do you notice water staining around window or doorways? The recent heavy rains may have caused water damage and mold in your home.
Give us a call if you smell musty odors or see visible mold.
Did your basement experience flooding from the recent rainstorms? If so, there is a strong chance mold developed if the areas weren’t dried properly.
Give us a call if you experience musty odors or see visible mold.
A clogged downspout resulted in water intruding this basement through the window. The carpeting had been removed, but the wainscot walls were hiding mold on the underlying drywall.
Hiring Roberts Environmental Corp. for a mold inspection after water intrusion in a basement is advisable for several reasons:
1. Mold Detection: Water intrusion often creates conditions conducive to mold growth. A professional inspection can identify any mold issues resulting from the water intrusion.
2. Hidden Mold: Mold can thrive in hidden areas like behind walls or in building materials. Roberts Environmental Corp. has the expertise and tools to detect hidden mold that might not be immediately visible.
3. Health and Safety: Mold can pose health risks, and exposure to mold spores can lead to respiratory problems and allergies. Addressing mold promptly is crucial for maintaining a healthy indoor environment.
4. Preventing Further Damage: Early detection and remediation of mold can prevent it from spreading and causing more extensive damage to your property, ultimately saving you from costly repairs.
5. Insurance Claims: If you plan to file an insurance claim for water damage, having a professional mold inspection report can support your claim and ensure that any mold-related issues are addressed in the claim process.
6. Peace of Mind: Knowing the extent of mold growth and that it is being properly addressed by experts like Roberts Environmental Corp. provides peace of mind and reassurance.
Hiring Roberts Environmental Corp. for a mold inspection after water intrusion in your basement is a proactive step to protect your property, your health, and your peace of mind by ensuring that any mold-related issues are identified and addressed effectively.
This homebuyer did the smart thing, and requested that we perform a mold inspection before going into contract on a home. A past leak from the mechanical room had allowed for mold to develop on the drywall, requiring remediation prior to moving in.
Hiring Roberts Environmental Corp. for a mold inspection before purchasing a house is a prudent step for several compelling reasons:
1. Health and Safety: Mold can have adverse health effects, and some people are more sensitive to it than others. A pre-purchase mold inspection ensures the property is safe for occupancy.
2. Hidden Mold: Mold can often hide in concealed areas like behind walls, in crawl spaces, or in the HVAC system. Roberts Environmental Corp. has the expertise and tools to detect hidden mold problems.
3. Informed Decision: Knowing the extent of mold issues allows you to make an informed decision about the property. You can negotiate repairs or remediation with the seller or choose whether to proceed with the purchase.
4. Preventive Maintenance: Identifying mold issues early can prevent more extensive damage to the property, saving you from costly remediation or repairs in the future.
5. Insurance and Liability: Mold problems can be a significant liability and may affect your ability to get insurance coverage. A pre-purchase mold inspection can help you assess these risks.
6. Cost Savings: If mold issues are found, you can factor in the cost of remediation into your budget for the property, ensuring you're financially prepared for any necessary work.
Hiring Roberts Environmental Corp. for a mold inspection before buying a house helps protect your health, your investment, and your peace of mind by ensuring you're aware of any potential mold issues and their extent before making a commitment to the property.
A Brooklyn tenant moved into their apartment a month ago, and has experienced allergy-like symptoms since day 1. After our assessment, we discovered a slow leak from the radiator line which allowed mold to develop. Without a trained eye, this may have been overlooked for the duration of the lease. The tenant trusted Roberts Environmental Corp. to conduct an environmental inspection to determine the cause of their symptoms.
Hiring Roberts Environmental Corp. for a mold inspection in this scenario is essential for several reasons:
1. Expertise: Roberts Environmental Corp. has the expertise and experience to accurately assess the extent of mold growth, especially in hidden or hard-to-reach areas like behind drywall.
2. Comprehensive Inspection: Their professionals will conduct a thorough inspection to identify not only visible mold but also potential hidden mold sources that may not be immediately evident.
3. Health and Safety: Mold can pose serious health risks, especially when it's hidden and left unchecked. Roberts Environmental Corp. can help ensure your home is safe and free from harmful mold spores.
4. Prevention: Identifying and addressing mold issues early can prevent further damage to your property and save you from costly repairs down the road.
5. Peace of Mind: Knowing that your home has been inspected by experts from Roberts Environmental Corp. provides peace of mind, allowing you to address any mold issues promptly and effectively.
Don't let mold linger in your home; choose Roberts Environmental Corp. for a professional mold inspection and protect your property and your family's health.
This Long Island homeowner experienced a pipe leak that caused damage and mold growth in their basement.
You should hire Roberts Environmental Corp. to inspect for mold growth as a result of a pipe leak as soon as you notice any of the following signs:
1. Visible Mold: If you see mold growth, even a small amount, it's a clear indication that there may be a larger hidden problem.
2. Musty Odor: Mold often produces a distinct musty smell. If you notice this odor, it's a sign that mold may be present.
3. Water Damage: Any signs of water damage, such as water stains, peeling paint or wallpaper, or warped surfaces, can be an indicator of a leak that could lead to mold growth.
4. Allergic Reactions: If you or your family members experience increased allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, or skin irritation, it could be due to mold exposure.
5. Recent Water Leak or Flooding: If you've had a recent water leak or flooding, even if it has been cleaned up, it's important to have an inspection to ensure that mold hasn't started to grow in hidden areas.
6. Persistent Moisture: Areas with persistent moisture problems, such as basements or bathrooms, are at higher risk for mold growth, especially if they have experienced past leaks.
It's better to be proactive and have an inspection by professionals, like Roberts Environmental Corp., at the first sign of mold or potential water damage to prevent further issues and ensure a healthy living environment.
🦠 Mold can come in various colors, including green, black, white, brown, and even orange or pink. The color of mold can depend on the type of mold and the materials it is growing on.
🔎 You should consider hiring a company, like Roberts Environmental Corp., to inspect for mold if you suspect there is a mold problem in your home or business. Signs of mold issues can include a musty odor, visible mold growth, water damage, or health symptoms like allergies or respiratory issues that worsen indoors. A professional inspection can help determine the extent of the problem and recommend appropriate remediation measures if needed.
Smart Moves Start with Testing! 🧪⚠️
Planning to renovate or remodel? Hold up!
Learn why testing before disturbing asbestos floor tiles is the first step to a safer project. Roberts Environmental Corp. is your partner in ensuring a hazard-free environment. 🛡️💚
Unlocking the Secret to Mold Prevention! 🌧️💧
Introducing the unsung hero: the moisture meter. 🕵️♂️📏
Roberts Environmental Corp. knows that controlling moisture is key to keeping mold at bay. Learn how this tool transforms your space into a mold-free haven. 🏠
Is your indoor air quality at risk? 🌬️
Moldy supply registers and HVAC units could be the culprits! 🏠
Learn when to test and how Roberts Environmental Corp. can help you breathe easy again. Your health is our priority. 💚
Eradicating mold is just the first step! ✨
Discover the crucial importance of post-remediation mold sampling with Roberts Environmental Corp.
Ensuring a mold-free environment for the long haul. 🏡
Dirt Floor Crawlspaces and Mold Growth. 🌱
🕳️ Don't let your living spaces become a breeding ground for mold.
Trust Roberts Environmental Corp. to keep your environment healthy and safe. 🏠
🏠🔧 Ever peeked into your home's mechanical closet?
What you don't see might surprise you! Mold loves to hide in unexpected places.
🕵️♂️ That's where Roberts Environmental Corp comes in – your mold inspection experts! 🦠
🔍 Let's ensure your home stays a safe haven. Reach out today! 🌿🛡️
🌧️ Basement blues turned into a moldy nightmare?
🧡💛 Humidity can invite unwanted guests like this! 🕵️♂️ But fear not, we've got your back.
Introducing Roberts Environmental Corp – your mold inspection heroes! 🦠🔍 Don't wait until it's too late. Let's kick mold to the curb together. 🌿🛡️
🌳🏠 When nature strikes, danger can be hidden within the aftermath.
After a tree falls on your home, remember that mold can silently creep in 🍂🕵️♂️
Safeguard your space by calling Roberts Environmental Corp for a comprehensive mold assessment. Don't let the unseen threat take root! 🌿🛡️
Guarding your home against hidden threats is key 🏠
After a pipe leak, don't overlook the potential mold danger!
🔍 Call Roberts Environmental Corp. for a thorough mold assessment that keeps your space safe and sound.
☔️ With the recent heavy rains, homeowners may have experienced water damage in unexpected areas.
💦 Rainwater managed to intrude this home through the siding and created a breeding ground for mold behind the kitchen cabinetry. The unsuspected homeowner discovered a drawer full of water and knew something was wrong.
Roberts Environmental Corp. was called in to assess the areas impacted by the water intrusion. A protocol was provided and remediation will be performed ✅
For all your environmental testing 🧪 needs, we are here for you.
📲 (631) 562-8440
📧 [email protected]
Do you have concerns about mold? Asbestos? Water? Or other indoor air quality issues?
We are Long Island’s trusted environmental consulting firm. From residential to commercial properties, we are here for you.
☀️ High temperatures create an ideal climate for mold growth. Mold typically thrives in temperatures between 77°F and 86°F, although some types can grow in a broader range. Warm temperatures speed up the growth and reproduction of mold, allowing it to colonize and spread more rapidly.
☔️ To prevent mold growth after rain and high temperatures, it's important to address moisture issues promptly. This includes promptly drying wet surfaces, ensuring proper ventilation, fixing leaks, and reducing indoor humidity levels. Additionally, maintaining good hygiene and cleanliness, regularly inspecting vulnerable areas, and promptly addressing any signs of mold can help prevent mold infestation.
Wondering if you have a mold problem, give us a call today!
📲 (631) 562-8440
Heavy rain ☔️ on Long Island can lead to mold growth in several ways. Here are a few factors to consider:
1. Excess moisture: Heavy rainfall can saturate the ground and lead to water accumulation in and around buildings. If water seeps into basements, crawlspaces, or other areas with poor ventilation, it can create a damp environment ideal for mold growth.
2. Leaks and water intrusion: Intense rain can expose any existing vulnerabilities in buildings, such as roof leaks, foundation cracks, or faulty window seals. Water intrusion from these sources can provide the moisture needed for mold spores to take root and proliferate.
3. Elevated humidity levels: Even without obvious leaks, prolonged rainfall can raise the overall humidity indoors. High humidity promotes condensation on surfaces, providing the moisture necessary for mold growth. Improper ventilation exacerbates this issue.
4. Delayed cleanup or drying: If the heavy rain event is followed by a lack of prompt cleanup or inadequate drying, the risk of mold growth increases. Items, materials, or building components that remain damp for an extended period can become breeding grounds for mold.
🦠 To prevent mold growth after heavy rain, it's essential to address any water intrusion issues promptly, ensure proper ventilation and dehumidification, and promptly dry and clean any wet surfaces or belongings. If you suspect mold growth or detect musty odors, give us a call today!
📲 (631) 562-8440
Long Island is getting hammered with rain today ☔️
Water damage can lead to mold, which can create adverse health effects.
Any questions related to mold or water damage, give us a call.
Heavy Rains May Lead To Toxic Mold When rain water intrudes a home or business, it can create toxic mold conditions if the affected areas are not cleaned or dried effectively.
⭐️ Thank you Gail ⭐️
For any questions related to mold, asbestos, air quality or water sampling, we are here for you.
Long Island homeowners should prioritize a mold inspection for several important reasons:
1. Health and Safety: Mold can have adverse health effects, especially for individuals with respiratory conditions/allergies. A mold inspection helps identify and address potential mold sources, ensuring a healthier and safer living environment.
2. Early Detection: Mold growth often starts in hidden/hard-to-reach areas, such as behind walls or under flooring. Our inspections can uncover hidden mold problems early on, preventing them from spreading and causing further damage.
3. Property Protection: Mold can cause significant damage to your property, including structural issues/deterioration of materials. A mold inspection will allow you to catch mold growth before it leads to costly repairs and potential decreases in property value.
4. Preventive Measures: A mold inspection not only identifies existing mold but also helps identify conditions that may contribute to mold growth. By addressing these conditions promptly, such as improving ventilation or addressing moisture sources, you can take preventive measures to minimize the risk of future mold issues.
5. Real Estate Transactions: If you're buying/selling a home, a mold inspection is crucial. It provides transparency and ensures that both buyers and sellers are aware of any mold issues. It helps protect your investment and avoids potential legal/financial complications.
6. Peace of Mind: Knowing that your home has been thoroughly inspected for mold gives you peace of mind. It allows you to enjoy your living space without worrying about potential health risks or hidden mold problems.
Remember, mold can grow in any home, regardless of age or location. Mold inspections are a proactive step toward maintaining a safe and healthy living environment for you and your loved ones.
Newly Constructed Homes and Mold
Did you know that even newly constructed homes can be susceptible to mold growth? 🏗️ Mold is a common issue that can arise if certain conditions are present. Here's what you should be aware of:
1️⃣ **Moisture Matters**: Mold thrives in moist environments. During construction, if there were any water leaks, insufficient ventilation, or high humidity levels, mold spores might have found their way in and started to grow.
2️⃣ **Proper Ventilation**: Adequate ventilation is crucial to prevent moisture buildup. Ensure your newly constructed home has proper ventilation systems in place, like exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms, and proper air circulation throughout the house.
3️⃣ **Waterproofing and Insulation**: Effective moisture barriers and insulation can significantly reduce the risk of mold. Check if your home has been properly waterproofed, including basements and crawl spaces, to prevent water infiltration.
4️⃣ **Regular Inspections**: Stay vigilant! Regular inspections can help identify any potential water leaks or areas prone to mold growth. Early detection is key to addressing mold issues promptly.
5️⃣ **Maintenance Matters**: Regular maintenance is essential to prevent mold. Keep gutters clean, address plumbing leaks promptly, and control humidity levels with dehumidifiers if needed.
Remember, preventing mold growth is easier and more cost-effective than dealing with its consequences. If you notice any signs of mold, like a musty odor or visible growth, give us a call for a free phone consultation.
🌱 Help prevent mold in your newly constructed house by understanding the risk factors and taking proactive measures.
🔧 Don’t let sweat turn into mold! 🚰
Did you know that sweating pipes can lead to mold growth in your home? 😱
💧 What causes sweating pipes?
When warm or hot water flows through pipes in a cool environment, condensation occurs. This condensation causes the pipes to “sweat,” leading to moisture buildup on their surface. Common culprits include plumbing pipes in basements, crawl spaces, or areas with inadequate insulation.
🕳 The hidden danger of mold:
Mold spores are everywhere, but they need the right conditions to grow. Unfortunately, sweating pipes can provide the ideal environment for mold to thrive. The excessive moisture from the pipes creates a damp surface, which becomes a breeding ground for mold spores. If left untreated, mold can spread quickly, leading to potential health risks and damage to your property.
🌿 How does mold grow from sweating pipes?
Mold requires three key elements to grow: moisture, organic material, and the right temperature. Sweating pipes provide the necessary moisture, while dust or other organic matter present on surfaces serves as a food source for mold. Combined with room temperatures, these conditions create an inviting environment for mold spores to multiply and form colonies.
❗️ Preventing and tackling mold growth:
1️⃣ Insulate pipes: Properly insulating sweating pipes can help prevent condensation and reduce moisture buildup.
2️⃣ Monitor humidity levels: Use a hygrometer to track the humidity in your home. Maintaining humidity below 50% can deter mold growth.
3️⃣ Ventilation is key: Ensure good air circulation in areas prone to sweating pipes, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
4️⃣ Promptly fix leaks: Address any plumbing leaks immediately to prevent moisture from seeping into walls or ceilings.
5️⃣ Act fast if mold appears: If you notice mold growth, take quick action to remove it. Give us a call for a free phone consultation.
Wondering why mold develops in crawlspaces on Long Island? 🏡
Living in our beautiful coastal region presents unique challenges, including high humidity levels and occasional flooding 💧. These factors, combined with poor ventilation and insulation, create the perfect environment for mold growth in crawlspaces. 🌧️💦
Why is it important to have your crawlspace tested? 🦠 Mold can be sneaky, causing extensive damage and health concerns if left unchecked. Here's why testing is crucial:
1️⃣ Protect your home: Mold can weaken structures, compromise air quality, and lead to costly repairs. Early detection helps prevent further damage and saves you from potential headaches down the line.
2️⃣ Safeguard your health: Mold releases spores that can trigger allergies, respiratory issues, and other health problems. By identifyingand addressing mold growth, you create a healthier living environment for you and your loved ones.
3️⃣ Peace of mind: Testing your crawlspace brings clarity and allows you to make informed decisions. Our mold testing and inspection provides detailed insights into the extent of mold presence, its type, and recommended remediation steps. ✅
Don't let mold take hold in your crawlspace. Take control, prioritize your home's health, and ensure a safe living environment for all.
For all your environmental testing 🧪 needs, we are here for you.
📲 (631) 562-8440
📧 [email protected]
Videos (show all)
|Monday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 19:00|
|Sunday||09:00 - 17:00|