Sharing the love of yoga. Designed to help you find your passion and love the life you live. Class Schedule:
Monday 9am-10am Principle Gallery, 125 Meeting St, Charleston SC
Wednesday 5:30-6:30 IOP Rec Center, 24 28th Ave Isle of Palms
Thursday 11am-11:45 Citadel (private class)
Saturday 10am-11:15am IOP Rec Center
ALIGNMENT OF FOREARM STAND
– Start in Forearm Plank with your forearms parallel to each others, shoulders right over the elbows, your feet hip-width distance apart and your body in one straight line from your heels to the top of your head.
– Pull the belly button towards the spine and start to lift your hips up high while walking the feet forward into Dolphin Pose.
– Continue walking the feet forward. The goal is to get your hips stacked over your shoulders and elbows. Keep your gaze forward between your hands and lift the right leg up high.
– Keep your core engaged and draw your shoulder blades away from the ears to support the backside of your body.
– Press the forearms and hands firmly into the floor, come onto the balls of your left foot.
– Slightly bend your left knee, shift the weight forward and gently hop with your left foot up so that your left leg meets your right leg.
– Actively squeeze your inner thighs, keeping the legs firmly together and energetically push the balls of your feet upwards. Your feet are pointed while the toes are flexed.
– Make sure that you don’t overarch in the back, keep the abs tight, draw your lower ribs in and lengthen your tailbone upwards.
– Keep lengthening your body and stay in forearm stand for at least 5 breaths before slowly releasing it and resting in child’s pose for a moment.
– Repeat Forearm stand with the opposite leg whenever you are ready.
Here are a couple of stretches to help with iliotibial band tightness. I realized in class this morning how tight mine were, and thought you might could use a reminder to stretch your IT’s too!
The iliotibial band runs along the outside of the thigh, from just above the hip to just below the knee, and is made up of fascia, an elastic connective tissue found throughout the body. The IT band helps to extend, abduct, and rotate your hip. It also helps to stabilize and move the side of your knee while protecting the outer thigh.
IT band syndrome (ITBS) is a common lateral knee injury. Overuse and repetitive flexion and extension of the knees usually cause this type of injury. It occurs when the IT band becomes tight, irritated, or inflamed. This tightness causes friction on the outside of the knee when bending, which is painful. Sometimes it causes referred hip pain.
Which is why stretching Is vital!
How do your IT’s feel today?
Jollityoys.com class this Thursday at 10am!!
Some pre-class playtime at Principle Gallery Charleston! Come practice with us, Monday mornings 8:30-9:30am
8:30am Monday mornings, join us at Principle Gallery Charleston for a yoga flow to start your day.
The first few classes at Principle Gallery will be cash only, I'm working on my Square account but I'm afraid I won't have it done by Monday's class. So sorry for the inconvenience!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!
Beginning August 1 I am teaching yoga at Principle Gallery Charleston, Monday's 9am-10am, classes will be $16, in the most beautiful art gallery I've ever seen! Come join us for a lovely morning flow to get your day started off right!
Providing support and treatment for children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their parents in Charleston, SC.
Certitude Health Coding Educators prepares students for careers in the field of medical coding. We are an AAPC Education Provider.
The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. ~Nikolai Lenin
Working to improve the quality of life for patients and their families through integrated clinical practice, education and research.
Vikor Scientific is a molecular diagnostics company in Charleston, SC, focused on delivering test re
ReferralMD is the leading patient engagement and provider management platform for healthcare providers.
A delicate, all natural alternative to harsh medical treatments and applications
Join us in David's fundraising adventures for the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital as the Children Miracle Network's Champion for 2019!