A regional (Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya) consultancy specialising in strategic advisory in Social, Economi Tailoring Market and Social research solutions at affordable prices using cutting edge tools and methods leveraging on our local, regional and international partnerships and relationships
Operating as usual
Attention Canadians: EWB are recruiting for 12 month fellowships in Uganda. Apply for the positions of Finance Associate and Customer Impact Associate with Village Energy
ictworks.org GSMA has grant funding to support your commercially sustainable and scalable connectivity solutions for rurual Internet access with MNOs in Ghana and Uganda
For the coders out there
uganda.unfpa.org The Fellowship at the UNFPA Uganda Country Office offers outstanding and ambitious individuals an opportunity to make a difference by utilizing their skills and experience to train, guide, support, mentor and work with young innovators to improve their ideas and solutions, advocate for the rights of...
Food for thought 💭
cnn.com Whatever your goals, there's an e-learning program that can help you out. We've rounded up affordable online classes you can take right now.
humanrightscareers.com University of Pennsylvania and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) are jointly launching a free massive open online course on social norms and social change. The course, which consists of one theoretical and one practical part á 4 weeks coursework is taught entirely in English. Students who…
campustimesug.com Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is looking for competent, innovative and self-driven persons with proven integrity, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to handle multip…
Young Research Scientists...
opportunitiesforafricans.com TWAS Fellowships for Research and Advanced Training 2017/2018 for young scientists in developing countries (Fully Funded)
elitejobs.ug Uganda Revenue Authority jobs 2017 Domestic Taxes Officer Requirements degree in Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Education, or any other
In order to meet the needs of its growing customer base, Finance Trust Bank is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated, result oriented professionals to fill the following position;
Interested candidates should submit their application forms online and attach photocopies of academic testimonials, a photograph, and a CV with at least three referees. The application form MUST indicate the BRANCH (ES) at which the applicant will be able to work. Closing date for submission of the forms is 31st May 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our mail address is [email protected]
Please visit our website for more details about the job http://bit.ly/2pENawL
Vacancy: Research Specialist
Applications are invited for the position Research Specialist.
The jobholder will be an essential part of the East Africa Research Hub working on providing evidence support to DFID country offices and DFID’s programme to support research systems development. This post offers an exciting opportunity to help shape how DFID’s research programme responds to East African issues.
The post offers an opportunity to take responsibility in driving forward a dynamic and effective programme with significant responsibility and potential for innovation. We expect our portfolio to have evolved further by end 2017, so we are looking for someone who can be flexible in taking forward 1 or more areas of their role profile in greater dept
Looking to enrol in a Masters or Doctoral programme with full scholarship? Head over to https://goo.gl/qT6Zzt for more information.
Share this with friends and family.
Pan African University - African Union Commission
opportunitiesforafricans.com pays for tuition and associated fees (approximately US $160,000) for citizens of African countries with financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at...
worldbank.org The World Bank has launched “Focus: Sub-Saharan Africa,” a free user-friendly online Africa knowledge feature of the Open Knowledge Repository which contains the World Bank’s premium research, published books, journal articles, economic and sector studies...
afterschoolafrica.com Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarships Program for Masters, PhD and non-degree postgraduate studies at USA Universities for 4,000 international students
opportunitiesforafricans.com broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
All the best...
villageenergy.com Village Energy is a for-profit Ugandan solar energy startup that is solving the last-mile distribution and servicing challenge in rural East Africa. We set up retail locations in rural sub-counties and train local young men and women to sell, install, and maintain solar products and installations. T...
jobs.britishcouncil.org Customer Services Officer - Uganda, PB4/ Locally Appointed / Two year fixed term(Renewable) / Right to live and work in Uganda Closing date: 14 April 2017, Purpose of the role To contribute to the smooth running of the British Council’s exams operations in Uganda by delive...
All the best..
registration.global-solutions.international Application for the Young Global Changers Scholarship ProgrammeAre you an early-career researcher, entrepreneur, technology expert or journalist passionate about changing the state of the world for...
All the best...
VACANCY - BELGIAN EMBASSY - RECEPTIONIST
The Embassy of Belgium in Kampala has a vacancy for the position of Receptionist/Administrative assistant with side responsibility for transport supervision and other miscellaneous administrative services such as filling URA tax returns.
Under the direct supervision of the Consul and Accountant the incumbent shall:
• Coordinate the main reception and the telephone service
• Coordinate transportation, driver assignments and reception work
• Receive visitors to the Embassy in the reception
• Provide information on simple requests for information on the phone or from visitors
• Distribute mail and packages
• Draft letters and correspondences as requested
• Follow up on people that are hard to reach by insistently makings calls for all departments
• Assist the consular and visa section of the Embassy in coordinating administrative tasks
• Assist the accountant with VAT reclaims and PAYE/NSSF payments and updating inventories
• Assist in receiving guests during cultural events and diplomatic receptions
• Assist on other administrative matters and any other duties as assigned by the Consul or the Ambassador
• University degree in relevant professional fields
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Computer skills with documented experience of Microsoft Office programmes
•French/Dutch as a second language, as well as relevant work experience in a similar position, will be an asset
• Willingness and ability to work and interact with many different people
• An ability to work independently and to take the initiative as well as being able to work well with others
• The ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong ethics, integrity and discretion
In accordance with the salary scale applicable for locally employed staff within the Belgian Foreign Service.
HOW TO APPLY
This position is open to nationals of the East African community who are not subject to work permit conditions in Uganda. The successful candidate must therefore be able to provide the necessary proof (national ID/passport) that he/she can be legally able to work in Uganda, as outlined in the East African Community’s protocol on the freedom of movement of labor.
Applications, including a copy of your ID card, a CV (education and professional experience) and a motivation letter, and the name and contacts of minimum three reference persons, should be scanned and emailed (preferably in PDF format) to Ms. Elke Vandamme [email protected] at the latest on Friday 7th of April 2017.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLICANTS!
For those that ask about academic research and writing....here's a starting point especially if you intend to be published.
How to plan, outline & write an essay, make notes, cite right & avoid plagiarism http://buff.ly/2l8NBeP
If international development is for you then here's a place to start.
impactpool.org Job vacancies in the United Nations,European Union, NGOs, International Organizations
For all of you academicians...
Strategies, tools & ideas to help you manage your , time & information http://buff.ly/2kYIIVy
allscholarships.info Deadline: no deadline The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is awarded to young people from UN member States interested in contributing to peace and development through volunteerism …
How to structure a lit review, weave in your 'voice' & use the of others to guide you http://buff.ly/2kGi9Ve
unjobfinder.org UN Peace operations builds a Senior Correction Officers (P5) roster. Do you have 10 years professional correction experience, fluency in English and one year of previous international experience?
Finance Trust Bank
MIS and Business Process Administrator
Finance Trust Bank
As we go into the new year, let's think about personal development in 2017. Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone.
[Tips for Writing Your Research Proposal]
1. Know yourself: Know your area of expertise, what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses. Play to your strengths, not to your weaknesses. If you want to get into a new area of research, learn something about the area before you write a proposal. Research previous work. Be a scholar.
2. Know the program from which you seek support: You are responsible for finding the appropriate program for support of your research.
3. Read the program announcement: Programs and special activities have specific goals and specific requirements. If you don’t meet those goals and requirements, you have thrown out your chance of success. Read the announcement for what it says, not for what you want it to say. If your research does not fit easily within the scope of the topic areas outlined, your chance of success is nil.
4. Formulate an appropriate research objective: A research proposal is a proposal to conduct research, not to conduct development or design or some other activity. Research is a methodical process of building upon previous knowledge to derive or discover new knowledge, that is, something that isn’t known before the research is conducted.
5. Develop a viable research plan: A viable research plan is a plan to accomplish your research objective that has a non-zero probability of success. The focus of the plan must be to accomplish the research objective.
6. State your research objective clearly in your proposal: A good research proposal includes a clear statement of the research objective. Early in the proposal is better than later in the proposal. The first sentence of the proposal is a good place. A good first sentence might be, “The research objective of this proposal is...” Do not use the word “develop” in the statement of your research objective.
7. Frame your project around the work of others: Remember that research builds on the extant knowledge base, that is, upon the work of others. Be sure to frame your project appropriately, acknowledging the current limits of knowledge and making clear your contribution to the extension of these limits. Be sure that you include references to the extant work of others.
8. Grammar and spelling count: Proposals are not graded on grammar. But if the grammar is not perfect, the result is ambiguities left to the reviewer to resolve. Ambiguities make the proposal difficult to read and often impossible to understand, and often result in low ratings. Be sure your grammar is perfect.
9. Format and brevity are important: Do not feel that your proposal is rated based on its weight. Use 12-point fonts, use easily legible fonts, and use generous margins. Take pity on the reviewers. Make your proposal a pleasant reading experience that puts important concepts up front and makes them clear. Use figures appropriately to make and clarify points, but not as filler.
10. Know the review process: Know how your proposal will be reviewed before you write it. Proposals that are reviewed by panels must be written to a broader audience than proposals that will be reviewed by mail. Mail review can seek out reviewers with very specific expertise in very narrow disciplines.
11. Proof read your proposal before it is sent: Many proposals are sent out with idiotic mistakes, omissions, and errors of all sorts. Proposals have been submitted with the list of references omitted and with the references not referred to. Proposals have been submitted to the wrong program. Proposals have been submitted with misspellings in the title. These proposals were not successful. Stupid things like this kill a proposal. It is easy to catch them with a simple, but careful, proof reading. Don’t spend six or eight weeks writing a proposal just to kill it with stupid mistakes that are easily prevented.
12. Submit your proposal on time: Duh? Why work for two months on a proposal just to have it disqualified for being late? Remember, fairness dictates that proposal submission rules must apply to everyone. It is not up to the discretion of the program officer to grant you dispensation on deadlines. Get your proposal in two or three days before the deadline.
Work hard but don't neglect family and friends m
In your opinion, what is the true value of online surveys as data collection tool?
If further education is your goal, this might help.
Thinking about studying abroad in the U.S. and are worried about how to pay for it? There are many possible sources of funding, including scholarships. Register NOW for International Students Day to learn more and watch the live webinars on May 7. http://goo.gl/QoG9Ot.
Photos from Research Moguls Ltd's post
"The only thing that's constant in this world is change hence we research".
Research Moguls Ltd's cover photo
|Monday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 17:00|
Professional Digital Marketer
Value First. I work in the B2B space 70% and 30% of my time in the B2C space, Providing value to businesses and business owners through Marketing and Advertising via the online medium. I do this through Social Media Marketing, Engagements, Advertisements
Data extraction | Data entry | Data analysis | Transcription | Research
Beruj Consults provides sustainable solutions to the HTL(Hospitality,Tourism and Leisure)industry ,
Your most trusted business eye and branding partner. Stake your plan, let's brand it for you..
Timely research, proposal writing and Data analysis
REDHUC is a research and consultancy company that basically provides up to date data and information on social, economic, political, religious and institutional status.
Researchtec Global is a market research, business advisory and elearning consultancy firm. Our prima
Our Vision To be the leading Market and Social Research Agency in East Africa in providing timely and insightful results to all our esteemed clients.
We deal in Business Consultancy, Research, Financial and Tax Consultancy
Re-branding companies to connect 100% with Chinese customers/businesses. We provide sales training, website translation, and brand pre-evaluation services.
Hypasoft Innovations is an Tech Consultancy in Uganda and Australia and part of the Kolya Group. We