The Waimarino Museum in Raetihi township chronicles the people, events, and history of the Central Plateau region of New Zealand's North Island.
The Museum includes the railway station building from the terminus of the Raetihi Branch. It was originally situated on Station Road which lies off to the right over the Makotuku River bridge on the road to Ohakune. The railway reached Raetihi in 1917 and played a vital part in the logging industry. The line was closed to passengers in 1951 and shut completely in 1968 with the decline in tree fell
Operating as usual
|1pm - 4pm|