Oyono Products is a manufacturer of tantalizing exotic sauces and condiments that are directly from the farms of the Indigneous Peoples of Guyana.
The age old traditional knowledge is packaged in products that aims to excite your taste buds. Kitchen/Cooking
Operating as usual
A blessed day to all mothers, may your day be as amazing as you are.
From us at Oyóno Products to each of you.
Because we know that with mom at the table the food always taste better.
Make it a date!
Happy International Women's Day 2022
Happy 52nd Republic anniversary Guyana.
PC: Ameer Sattaur Photography
Shubh Diwali to our Hindu brothers and sisters.
Congratulations to our co-founder on this achievement. Blessings always.
Happy World Food Day 2021
Without farmers we will surely starve, thank you farmers, you make every day and every meal world food day.
Happy Teachers Day
To all the fathers out there, enjoy your special day and continue to be superheroes on every other day to your children.
Eid Mubarak to our Muslim brothers and sisters.
Happy International Women's Day. You are incredible. You are awesome always.
Happy Holidays to you and your family from ours, may your family time be savoured and memorable with the anticipation for greater times in the new year!!
Thank you for your support in 2020!
How is that Pepperpot coming?
Nothing like the smell of Pepperpot cooking and fresh bread in the oven.
Mmmmm...how is that Christmas morning pepperpot planning coming ?
Make it an Oyóno Christmas!
Make it an Oyono Christmas!
Pick up your Oyono Casareep at the Guyana Shop, Robb& Alexander streets ( if you have never visited, put it on your to visit place, everything locally produced there) or call, whatsapp 669-3066, or message us for yours today.
Shubh Diwali, especially to our Hindu brothers and sisters.
Diwali, known as the Festival of Lights, is a Hindu holiday that celebrated the triumph of good over evil. Every year Guyanese light small clay bowls called diyas to fill their homes with light, goodness and merriment. Happy Diwali to our Hindu brothers and sisters.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Diwali is celebrated on the darkest night of the year?
Pepperpot or Casareep Stew, at Oyono we got you.
Let's make it an Oyono Christmas!
Youman Nabi Greetings friends!
Happy World Teacher's Day!!!!
The most meritorious of all deeds is the education of children.
Delicious piece of information on Pepperpot...from the Backyard Cafe Guyana
Join us today as we bring the curtains down for Heritage 2020. Going Live Stream this evening right here.
In collaboration with NCN and Guyana Tourism Authority
Learn about Mr Stephen Campbell, the reason why Sept 10th is dedicated as Amerindian /Indigenous Heritage Day in Guyana!
Happy Heritage Day Guyana!!!
In honour of this day, we will take a quick look at the reason why this day is dedicated to Amerindian/Indigenous Heritage in Guyana.
63 years later it is imperative that the younger and older generation make the connection between what happened in 1957 that paved the way for what we are able to enjoy today in 2020.
Points extracted from the research of Laureen Pierre)
1. September 10th marks the date when Mr. Stephan E. Campbell, the first Amerindian Parliamentarian entered Parliament in 1957 thus paving the way for the generations that followed.
2. Mr. Campbell was born in Moruca, Region #1 to Spanish Arawak Parents on 26th December 1897
3. He formally entered Politics when he joined the National Labour Front (NLF), one of the 5 political parties contesting the general elections in 1957 and won the North West District and the only seat countrywide by that party.
4. It was the first time an Amerindian had contested and won in a general election.
5. Sept 10th 1957 he was sworn in as a member of the legislature of British Guyana
6. He served as a parliamentarian for 9 years until his passing just before Independence in 1966
7. Expansion of AGRICULTURE- he always believed in the 4 C's for agricultural expansion in the hinterland- Citrus, Cocoa, Coconut and Coffee
8. Indigenous LANGUAGES- strongly supported the idea of preservation of Indigenous languages and advocated for Amerindian to be taught in their respected languages thus finding a balance in education in the western system while maintaining cultural traditions.
9. SCHOLARSHIP- Mr. Campbell also advocated for scholarship programmes for Amerindian in mainstream education institution and vocational training, he believed that " train one to attain and you help the rest to aspire"
10. LAND – Mr. Campbell lobbied and set the stage for Indigenous Peoples to have legal titles to their traditional lands. As it was foreseen to be an issue in post-Independence Guyana, he was part of the independence delegation that went to the Queen of England and lobbied for this for Indigenous Peoples. There were three crucial points that he sought to highlight on that visit;
1. Land tenure was a major issue for Amerindians
2. Amerindians had no legal document confirming ownership of the land they occupy
3. Government should allay the fears of the Amerindians (when it comes to land ownership).
To this end he worked to ensure that land rights were guaranteed for Amerindians in an independent Guyana.
The first title to Amerindians lands was granted in 1976, ten years after the passing of Mr Campbell.
This is why it is important for us to understand the foundation set by Mr. Campbell, and the learn about the blueprint he has set for hinterland development.
THANK YOU STEPHEN CAMPBELL!!
Happy Heritage from the Oyono Family to you. Be safe, wear a mask, and sanitize.
Stay tuned for items that will be for sale soon.
How do you like to snack on your cassava bread? I like mine thin with a healthy serving of akhoyoro or kuru as we commonly call it.
Awesome article on Guyanese food development using Guyanese products with the backyard cafe and chef delven.
Guyanese Cuisine Culture - Stabroek News By G. J. Giddings Dr. Jahwara Giddings is Professor of History at Central State University It is always a good time to reiterate Guyana’s food traditions,
Happy Emancipation Day!!!
May the sacrifices of our ancestors and their struggle for physical freedom not be forgotten. "A people without knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.” –Marcus Garvey.
Eid Mubarak friends.
Pepperpot or casareep stew, at Oyóno we got you!!
TONIGHT on NCN | 10PM | GUYANA
Tune in tomorrow evening for the Guyana's episode of , watch chef and our very own chef of the Backyard cafe make our national dish pepperpot using what else but .
We are honored to have been a part of this process and be able to put Guyana's Indigenous casareep on the map.
Yes we have in stock, no need to wait for Christmas, bring out the pepperpot in July.
Happy Father's Day!!!
Happy Golden Jubilee to our dear land of Guyana on becoming a Republican nation and truly achieving independence.
we prepare a variety of homemade meals, desserts and fresh fruit juices to meet your needs there is something different everyday so u won't get bored we also cater for any occasion small or big at an affordable cost.
Self-taught with homemade goodies
We add smiles, beauty and deliciousness to your special celebrations!
At Farmers to Families we aim at providing the best customer services. As we serve our customers with clean, fresh and premium quality meat products. Meat are package under strict hygienic conditions.
We cater for every occasion,for all your foods,finger food,pastry,cakes ,fruit bowls,roti, dholl puri and much more contact us for that exquisite taste at a great price.
AquaFina is Located at Lot 160 Section D Non Pariel, E.C.D. We offer a distribution service from Georgetown to Mahaica in a prompt & timely manner.
Providing professional Mixologist and waitress services for all events including business functions,social gatherings,birthdays,weddings,kids parties ,bachelorette parties, bachelor parties thanksgiving events ets
We offer quality plucked chicken at affordable prices in large and small scale.
Associated Packers Industry (API) is a Sole Trader business. We've worked with our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders to develop a business that is mutually beneficial.
Welcome to our page! We are an at home catering service that is dedicated to providing excellent service and delectable cuisines for an affordable price.