Andy Kime Surveying Services

Andy Kime Surveying Services


I commissioned Andy to undertake a homebuyer's report and he did so diligently , the product of which was a detailed report with the highest level of attention to detail .I would highly recommend Andy Kime Surveying.

Residential and Commercial Building Surveys Assoc RICS, Assoc CABE Andy Kime has been established in Sussex for 11 years. Andy has over 30 years in the building trade and has been moisture surveying for over 10 years for large restoration companies and insurance companies.

Andy specialises in property drying and is qualified in Fire and Flood Restoration, also working with many Estate Agents, rental properties, commercial Properties, Restoration companies and insurance companies. At present, he is doing his degree at SAVA school of surveying and is a student of the Royal Institute of Charted Surveyors. A member of RPSA, Associate BDMA and fully quailed Water and Fire Damage Technician.

Operating as usual

Photos from Andy Kime Surveying Services's post 28/12/2021

Great Surveys with easy to read and Photos.
Go for a personal property survey from AK Surveying Services independent Surveyor in Worthing and surrounding areas.
Lots of photos and over 30 years of experience in the building trade.

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number. 28/12/2020

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number.

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number.


Pre-sale Surveys coming soon,
Get all the information on what needs to be done to your property before you sell it, From certification to urgent repairs, sell your property quicker.

If your interested drop me a comment, these will be available from January 2021


We all like Permitted Development, but do we understand it?

I am coming across so many home improvements done under permitted developments without a completion certificate. If you purchase a property without proper building regulations consent (completion certificate) then you will inherit any future problems that accrue later.
Permitted Development?
You can perform certain types of work without needing to apply for planning permission. These are called "permitted development rights", that all great until you come to sell your house and there is no paperwork for the extension you have added under PDR, It is not clear on the Planning portal and without trolling through pages of legislation and do’s and don’ts you eventify find the Building control section, any permitted development needs to be signed off by a building inspector, If you are having any building work which includes;
Doors and windows, Drainage, Electrics, External wall removals, Internal wall removals, Roof tile, replacement, loft conversions and more, you need it.
Any permitted development building work (generally structural) will need checking and signing off by a building inspector who will issue a completion certificate, this confirms the alterations comply with current building regulations. The competent person scheme was introduced by the government in 2002 to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the building regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved building inspector.
Without the relevant certification it can seriously hold up your sale of a property, and in some cases, the work may need to be checked it complies to regulations, this can be invasive and expensive as the areas excavated need to be fixed and redecorated.
If you are thinking of adding that extension, changing the roof covering (yes this needs building control certification) removing that inner wall, give your local council building control a call, it won’t cost you anything to get some free advice and costings of their services, also you can use a company who is in the competent person schemes or employ an independent building inspector, don’t get court with “ you don’t need anything as its permitted development” when in fact you probably do.
And remember, always get a survey done on your property you intend to buy and don’t get any nasty surprises.

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number. 19/11/2020

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number.

Andy Kime Surveying Services updated their phone number.

Residential Property Surveyors Association - News Item 02/11/2020

Residential Property Surveyors Association - News Item

Residential Property Surveyors Association - News Item Residential Property Surveyors Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 05664607. All rights reserved


Electrical works at your property.

Something that many people don't know.

I am coming across so many properties that have had alterations to the wiring and has not been certificated, the main reason from the homeowner is; the contractor has said it is not notifiable and does not need one.

Below is an extract on Electrical work information regarding notifiable and non notifiable works from the Planning portal.

The Building Regulations allow certain minor works (known as non-notifiable work) to be carried out without having to notify building control or use a registered electrician.

In England, the rules were simplified in April 2013, so that now regulation 12(6A) of the Building Regulations 2010 identifies notifiable work as comprising the installation of a new or replacement consumer unit, the installation of a complete new circuit connected to the consumer unit, or alteration work in and around a bath or shower.

All other work is non-notifiable although, like notifiable work, it should be designed and installed, and inspected, tested and certificated in accordance with BS 7671. If local authorities find that non-notifiable work is unsafe and non-compliant, they can take enforcement action.

Always check the contractors papers/cards that they are qualified and cheap is not always the best option.
Remember, electrics cause fires, on an average there are 28,000 a year from faulty and overloaded wiring.

Please share my post

Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak 01/04/2020

Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak This guidance applies to people buying or selling private residential homes which they intend to live in.

Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak 01/04/2020

Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Due to the Government and regulations we are back Surveying empty properties only, this is due to the lack of financial support for surveyors, this means any property that has been unoccupied for 72 hours or longer can be inspected


Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak This guidance applies to people buying or selling private residential homes which they intend to live in.


COVID-19 Update

At Present we have now ceased all Surveys untill further notice.

A statement from Propertymark yesterday afternoon 25/03/2020 indicated that “Propertymark has spoken to a senior civil servant at Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Goverment (MHCLG) this morning. "The civil servant stated that agents are not 'essential businesses' under the new rules and therefore their view is that agents should close their offices immediately. "Furthermore, they stated that there should not be any in-person viewings, routine inspections or house moves.”

Stay Safe.


It goes without saying that Covid-19 is certainly going see business and every household severely disrupted.
At Present we are still working as normal but have now had to put restrictions on surveying occupied properties, Please call before you book a survey if the property you are buying is occupied. Empty properties are being sanitised on entry at present with no extra cost and surveyed normally, no paper copies or walk rounds surveys presently available.
We will continue surveying until restrictions on movement are implied.


As of Saturday 1 June, the Tenant Fees Act (English letting fees ban) is now in effect

What is this you might say, well there is now no Estate Agents fees when applying to rent a property for searches etc which the cost has now been passed on to the Landlord, this will probably easily be absorbed into the rent, the financial burden is, however, taken off the tenant upfront trying to look for the fees.
The only fees, apart from the rent, that can be charged are:
• a refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than five weeks’ rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000,
• a refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than one week’s rent
• payments to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant, capped at £50, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
• payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
• payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
• a default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of a lost key/security device, where required under a tenancy agreement.
Trading standards authorities have a duty to enforce the ban, however, district councils that are not trading standards authorities will also have the power to enforce if they choose to do so.
The ban applies to all assured shorthold tenancies, tenancies of student accommodation and licences to occupy housing in the private rented sector in England. The majority of tenancies in the private rented sector are assured shorthold tenancies.
Please share my post


What is a snagging survey

Buying a new build house can often come with some niggly surprises which didn’t come to light when you first take over the property,
Generally, most people are so excited they miss the fact that the odd window doesn’t open correctly, the door to the bedroom catches the frame as it shuts and even the driveway is not level and pools when it rains, this then can start you thinking how do we get this rectified! this can then start off with a long process of contacting the builders to put the faults right and can take longer to sort out. If you have already moved in take into account the mess that can occur while repairs are done.
Snagging surveys are designed to check for problems with a new-build home. ... You should ideally have the snagging survey done in the period between building work being finished and your legal completion date, so the developer has time to fix any snags before you move in.
Not all snagging surveys are for new build houses as the same applies to fully renovated properties and conversions which the quality of them also should be checked.
Snagging Surveys generally cost around £300-£600 for a typical 2-4 bedroom dwelling and are well worth the investment, renovated and converted properties can vary in price.
Some examples of what is checked on a snagging survey
• Windows
• Doors
• Light switches
• Worktops fitted correctly
• Taps function correctly
• Appliances
• The paintwork on walls and ceilings
• Skirting boards
• Cupboard boors function correctly
• Fire and smoke alarms
• Adequate insulation in the loft
• Underfloor heating through thermal imaging

• Fencing
• Roof tiles
• Driveway
• Drains
• Brickwork
• Windows
• Ground levels
• paths
And more.
The survey generally takes up to 4 hours on the site visit followed by the written report in a couple of days, a copy should also be sent directly to the building company.

If you need any more information please reply.

Please share my post

Photos from Andy Kime Surveying Services's post 18/01/2018

Photos from Andy Kime Surveying Services's post

Photos from Andy Kime Surveying Services's post 31/01/2017

was not the easiest leak to find but what a mess it caused downstairs

Untitled album 29/12/2016

Damp issues

Timeline photos 07/01/2014

Coming up the car park again

Timeline photos 07/01/2014

Was a carpark


New Page added With more to be updated,

Water Damage 21/11/2013

some of the things we do and use

Our Story

Arranging a survey is vital and could save you money in the long term, providing impartial advice and a good insight into the property you are buying.

If a mortgage is needed many people think the mortgage lenders survey is sufficient, it’s not. A mortgage survey is simply a valuation to ensure that the mortgage amount stacks up against the value of the property and will not point out any structural defects which you may inherit.

All surveys are different depending on the property type, construction and age. Because of this, our surveys can be tailored to suit your needs and budget.


Building, Home Condition and Snagging Surveys




Opening Hours

Monday 9am - 5pm
Tuesday 9am - 5pm
Wednesday 9am - 5pm
Thursday 9am - 5pm
Friday 9am - 5pm

Other Insurance Companies in Worthing (show all)
Micropub Insure Micropub Insure
2 Argyll House, 15 Liverpool Gardens
Worthing, BN11 1RY

Bespoke Insurance designed for Micropubs.

Nepcote Financial Ltd. Nepcote Financial Ltd.
68 Broadwater Street West
Worthing, BN14 9DE

At Nepcote Financial we pride ourselves in providing the very best mortgage advice (your home may be