Holy Trinity Church is in the centre of the town of Warrington, Cheshire, England. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building.
It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Liverpool, the archdeaconry of Warrington and the deanery of Warrington.HistoryA chapel of ease known as Trinity Chapel was built on the site in 1708 to relieve pressure on the parish church of St Elphin's. It was built as an oratory by Peter Legh of Lyme Park. By the 1750s the chapel was too small for its congregation and in 1758 subscriptions were raised to build a new church, which was consecrated in 1760. The architecture is in the style of James Gibbs, but he was ill at the time the church was built and it is thought it was designed by one of Gibbs' associates. In 1862 a west clock tower was added which was designed by W. P. Coxon, the Borough Surveyor; the tower belongs to the town rather than to the church. In 1974 the south aisle was re-designed to form the Garven Room, a servery, a vestry and toilets. By the 1970s the roof had been damaged by wet and dry rot, woodworm and death watch beetle and was replaced in 1978–79. By 1990 the pipe organ was beyond repair and it has been replaced by a Makin electronic organ. In 1988 the west end was remodelled, forming a lobby. In 1997 the east end was reordered, adding a room and extending the sanctuary area. In 1999 the clock was refurbished by Warrington Borough Council as a Millennium project.
Operating as usual
Shrine of St. Mary's Warrington, run by the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter (FSSP)
Official Page of the FSSP in England & Wales. Canonically established in the Archdiocese of Liverpool and in the dioceses of Portsmouth and Northampton.
Welcome to the St. Josephs parish centre page the club is open every night 7pm till 12am and Saturday and Sunday it open 12pm till 12 am