The Freeman House Store was once called the Lydecker Store and is located in the Town of Vienna in Fairfax County, Virginia, the house lies in Northern Virginia near the District of Columbia. Built in 1859 for Abram Lydecker, both Confederate and Union Army troops occupied the house during the American Civil War. The house has been restored in accordance with historical records. Civil War paraphernalia are sold in a restored general store on the first floor of the house. A museum on the second floor of the house presently displays Civil War artifacts.LocationThe Freeman House Store and Museum is located in the Town of Vienna in Fairfax County, Virginia on Church Street. The house takes up approximately 0.83acre, while the entire property took up six acres when Abram Lydecker purchased it. As the House is less than twenty miles from Washington, D.C., its location had importance during the Civil War. The Alexandria, Loudoun & Hampshire Railroad constructed a line through Vienna, creating large growth in the town and of Lydecker’s business. The Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Trail now travels along the railroad's route, south of the House.BuildingThe Freeman House is a two-story, five-bay frame house. The house has white paneling with a full width front porch. The house has an off center entrance slightly to the right. On each side of the house is a chimney, which can be observed through the exterior. On the right side of the house a manmade bridge was built for pedestrians crossing over the creek from the house to the railroad. Originally built in 1859, the house has gone through restorations. After the house was inherited to Leon Freeman in 1911, he started making changes. Then through 1975 through 1977 a major restoration was made. Throughout its many uses, the top floor was used as the living quarters and is now today the museum. The bottom floor acted as the general store and post office.