- Since 1989 this intimate school has provided academic intensive care to more than 600 youth at risk who are now young adults with hope.
- Over 17,500 volunteer hours lovingly provided the last 10 years
- Recognized by Gates Foundation for highest graduation rate in country for like schools
- 96% of seniors graduate; 89% of graduates pursue higher education and/or are employed within a year of graduation
Statistics about the 2008-09 school year:
- During First Quarter, new students at SUA earned an average of 38.46% more credit in their first quarter than the average credit earned per quarter from the previous school (Does not include true freshman).
- The mean grade point average of all students at SUA for the first quarter was 3.36.
- The mode grade point average for the first quarter was 3.64.
- From 2nd Quarter enrollment: 64% of students are African American. 15% are White. 9% are Asian/Pacific Islander. 12% are multiracial.
- Nearly half of all students at SUA, or more, qualify for free or reduced student lunches – indicating that half of the students, or more, from fall quarter are from low income families.
There's only a few weeks until graduation and we can't wait!
It's your chance to #GiveBIG! When you support SUA, you're helping students create a future filled with hope and purpose.
givebigseattle.org Seattle Urban Academy is a positive alternative educational community where high school students overcome risks and develop academic, spiritual and social maturity to graduate, with a bright future ahead.
Proud of Marisol, Braeden and Essance's achievements and the generous recognition of Emerald City Rotary's Henry Nielsen Educational Achievement Award.
Proud of Jeremiah and his success at The Breakfast Group's tie design contest!
Fish are friends - not food. We're building eco-columns in biology to learn more about the environment and keep the fish healthy.
Students like Jennifer need your support as they work toward graduating from high school! And, when you give before June 1st, your gift DOUBLES, up to $10,000!
donate.crista.org Students like Jennifer need your help to overcome major obstacles and reach their potential. You can help them overcome their circumstances and achieve success!
Even more job shadows!
Checking out careers in nursing, IT, broadcasting, culinary and more for Job Shadow Day!
We're getting a behind-the-scenes look at Spirit 105.3 for Job Shadow Day!
There's only a few days left! For every person who shares the post, $20 will be given to SUA. We need your help to finish strong.
We need your help to spread the word about lives being changed at SUA! We’re launching a Facebook-only promotion called “Share the Story.” For every person who shares this post, an anonymous donor has promised to give $20 to SUA, up to $2,000 through the end of March. When you share the story about SUA, you’re helping us gain followers and generate much-needed funds!
You can help us by sharing Marisol’s story. Before coming to SUA, Marisol was in a downward spiral. She wasn’t living with her parents and rarely saw them. Overwhelmed and trying to help raise her two younger siblings, her grades suffered.
But now that she’s at SUA, this young woman is on track to graduate and is applying to colleges! Check out her story – and don’t forget to “Share the Story” with everyone you know!
|Monday||8am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 5pm|
|Thursday||8am - 5pm|
|Friday||8am - 5pm|
The Ballard High School Dance Team is a dance education program and competitive dance team for Ballard High School Athletics & Performing Arts in Seattle.
The Northwest School is a diverse community of people who challenge each other to learn in a healthy, creative, and collaborative atmosphere of respect for ourselves, others, and the environment.
Holy Names Academy Alumnae
The mission of Lakeside School is to develop in intellectually capable young people the creative minds, healthy bodies, and ethical spirits needed to contribute wisdom, compassion, and leadership to a global society.
Volunteer-delivered, K-12 programs foster work readiness, entrepreneurship & financial literacy skills. JA's experiential learning inspires kids to dream big and reach their potential.
www.bishopblanchet.org 8200 Wallingford Ave. North Seattle, WA 98103 206.527.7711