Church of St. Boniface (now the Church of St. Mary) is a historic church building at 203 S. 5th Ave. East in Melrose, Minnesota, United States.
The parish was founded in 1878 by German immigrants, six years after a nearby parish, St. Patrick's, was founded by Irish immigrants. The first building was a wood-frame structure, built in 1879 at a cost of $3,000. In 1882, they established a Catholic school and a convent. The current building was dedicated in 1898 and built for $50,000. The old building became a school, but it was destroyed in a fire in 1910. The building was added to the National Register in 1993.In 1958 the bishop of the Diocese of St. Cloud decided that St. Boniface and St. Patrick would merge into a new parish named St. Mary's. St. Patrick's parish was outgrowing its space and was looking for new room. In 1970, the St. Patrick's church building was demolished. The church is now part of a four-parish cluster with parishes in Meire Grove, Greenwald, and Spring Hill.External links St. Mary's Catholic Church
Operating as usual
Church of St. Mary's, Melrose, Minnesota
St. Paul's Melrose is a family of loving Christians gathered around the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ.
It's all ABOUT Jesus.