Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping

Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping


It's me saying hello from National Pen (as Gloria Bryan) - BTW snow in Corpus Christie????? Wow!! I'm so happy with your success!! 2019 is going to AMAZING!!
Best of the Best in my book, just an outstanding professional and business person. High ethics and darn right highly intelligent. They know their business. Best decision I made moving to Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping

We specialize in Tax Preparation and our Diamond Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisors can help you with all your QuickBooks needs.

If you haven't heard yet, we are excited to announce Sonya Wolda CPA with Coastal Area Tax & Accounting will be handling your accounting and tax matters :) If you have any questions about this fantastic news and what it means to you, please call and come by the office anytime! Sonya and Esther look forward to working with you! Sonya D. Wolda, CPA P.C.

Mom and Sonya are constantly training on tax law to serve YOU better :) Come by and see us at our new location 4722 Everhart and get the refund you deserve $$.

[07/06/18]   Great news! After 15 days without phone service AT&T has finally come and installed service to our new location. We have about 53 voicemails so if you left a message we are working on returning your call as soon as possible. :)

[06/25/18]   Still waiting on At&t to resolve our phone issues from a week ago. We STILL have no service so I have purchased a Business Cell phone. Please contact us at 361-695-1367. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Current clients refer your friends for additional entries!

[01/28/18]   Did you know that there is a special way of computing your EIC for people affected by Hurricane Harvey? This may mean a bigger refund for you!! Come see our tax experts and get the refund you deserve. Call us at 334-1672 to make an appoinment

If you need your REFUND FAST let our experts help you with our no cost Refund Advance and you could be getting a REFUND of up to $1500 THE SAME DAY you file with us!! We also have an addition $1,000 available with out Plus up loan.
Call us today 334-1672 and don't leave your hard earned money sitting on the table.

* Refund Advance is an optional tax-refund related loan provided by MetaBank(it is not the actual tax refund) Tax returns may be filed electronically without applying for this loan.Availability and loan amounts are subject to terms and conditions. Call 334-1672 for credit cost and terms

Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping's cover photo

Thank you for helping us grow these past four years. We are pleased to announce we will be moving into our new bigger offices to better serve you on December 10th. Located at 6210 Wooldridge Suite A. We will also be having a TV giveaway every month during tax season (Feb-April) to celebrate!!

I had a blast teaching 130 1st graders at Windsor Park G/T about taxes on Thursday!

[10/12/17]   Tips for Business Owners Who Need to Reconstruct Records After a Disaster

After a disaster, many business owners might need to reconstruct records to prove a loss. This may be essential for tax purposes, getting federal assistance, or insurance reimbursement.

Here are four tips for businesses that need to reconstruct their records:

To create a list of lost inventories, business owners can get copies of invoices from suppliers. Whenever possible, the invoices should date back at least one calendar year.
For information about income, business owners can get copies of last year’s federal, state and local tax returns. These include sales tax reports, payroll tax returns, and business licenses from the city or county. These will reflect gross sales for a given period.
Owners should check their mobile phone or other cameras for pictures and videos of their building, equipment and inventory.
Business owners who don’t have photographs or videos can simply sketch an outline of the inside and outside of their location. For example, for the inside the building, they can draw out where equipment and inventory was located. For the outside of the building, they can map out the locations of items such as shrubs, parking, signs, and awnings.


EXETENSION FILERS NOW HAVE UNTIL JAN 31st 2018 TO FILE TAXES. This includes returns due on September 15th as well as October 15th

[08/27/17]   Top 10 Tips for Deducting Losses from a Hurricane

* Our offices sustained no damage and we will be open on Monday. We are praying for all those who have to rebuild.
If you suffer damage to your home or personal property, you may be able to deduct the losses you incur on your federal income tax return. Don't forget to get/ keep receipts. It may seem like the last thing you want to do but its important.

Casualty loss. You may be able to deduct losses based on the damage done to your property during a disaster. A casualty is a sudden, unexpected or unusual event. This includes natural disasters like hurricanes.

1. Normal wear and tear. A casualty loss does not include losses from normal wear and tear. It does not include progressive deterioration from age or termite damage.

2. Covered by insurance. If you insured your property, you must file a timely claim for reimbursement of your loss. If you don’t, you cannot deduct the loss as a casualty or theft. You must reduce your loss by the amount of the reimbursement you received or expect to receive.

3. When to deduct. As a general rule, you must deduct a casualty loss in the year it occurred. However, if you have a loss from a federally declared disaster area, you may have a choice of when to deduct the loss. You can choose to deduct the loss on your return for the year the loss occurred or on an amended return for the immediately preceding tax year. Claiming a disaster loss on the prior year's return may result in a lower tax for that year, often producing a refund.

4. Amount of loss. You figure the amount of your loss using the following steps:
Determine your adjusted basis in the property before the casualty. For property you buy, your basis is usually its cost to you. For property you acquire in some other way, such as inheriting it or getting it as a gift, you must figure your basis in another way. For more see Publication 551, Basis of Assets.

5. Determine the decrease in fair market value, or FMV, of the property as a result of the casualty. FMV is the price for which you could sell your property to a willing buyer. The decrease in FMV is the difference between the property's FMV immediately before and immediately after the casualty.

6. Subtract any insurance or other reimbursement you received or expect to receive from the smaller of those two amounts.

7. $100 rule. After you have figured your casualty loss on personal-use property, you must reduce that loss by $100. This reduction applies to each casualty loss event during the year. It does not matter how many pieces of property are involved in an event.

8. 10 percent rule. You must reduce the total of all your casualty or theft losses on personal-use property for the year by 10 percent of your adjusted gross income.

9. Future income. Do not consider the loss of future profits or income due to the casualty as you figure your loss.

10. Form 4684. Complete Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts, to report your casualty loss on your federal tax return. You claim the deductible amount on Schedule A, Itemized Deductions.

Business or income property. Some of the casualty loss rules for business or income property are different than the rules for property held for

[07/27/17]   What the heck is an Enrolled Agent? Here is an excerpt from the NAEA website to explain


Enrolled Agents (EAs) are federally-licensed tax practitioners who may represent taxpayers before the IRS when it comes to collections, audits and appeals. As authorized by the Department of Treasury's Circular 230 regulations, EAs are granted unlimited practice rights to represent taxpayers before IRS and are authorized to advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled agents are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS. The enrolled agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department. Enrolled agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers at all administrative levels within the IRS.


The IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 provides federally-authorized practitioners (those bound by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230 regulations) with a limited client privilege. This privilege allows confidentiality between the taxpayer and the enrolled agent under certain conditions. The privilege applies to situations in which the taxpayer is being represented in cases involving audits and collection matters. It is not applicable to the preparation and filing of a tax return. This privilege does not apply to state tax matters, although a number of states have an accountant-client privilege.


In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires enrolled agents to complete 72 hours of continuing education every three years in order to maintain their active enrolled agent license and practice rights. NAEA members are held to a higher standard than the IRS' minimum 72 hour continuing education requirement. NAEA members must complete 30 hours of IRS-approved continuing education hours each year (which would lead to a total of 90 hours for each three-year EA enrollment cycle period). Because of the expertise necessary to become an enrolled agent and the requirements to maintain the license, there are only about 52,600 practicing enrolled agents.


Only enrolled agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in all areas of taxation, representation and ethics before they are awarded unlimited representation rights to represent taxpayers before IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who are state-licensed and who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation.


Enrolled agents are required to abide by the provisions of the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230, which provides the regulations governing the practice of enrolled agents before the IRS. NAEA members are also bound by a Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association.

WE LOVE TAXES & we would LOVE to help you in all of your tax needs

[02/16/17]   *Tax Tip Of The Day*

Did you pay for college last year? Did you pay for your dependents college? You may be eligible for the American Opportunity Tax Credit of up to $2,500.

Call our Tax Pro's today (361) 334-1672 and don't leave your hard earned money sitting on the table!

Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping

We are now taking appointments. Call us and get your taxes done right! (361) 334-1672

We are now taking appointments. Call us and get your taxes done right! (361) 334-1672

[12/14/16]   -HOT OFF THE IRS PRESSES--
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2017, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
• 53.5 cents per mile for business miles driven, down from 54 cents for 2016
• 17 cents per mile driven for medical or moving purposes, down from 19 cents for 2016
• 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations (the charitable rate is statutory and therefore does not change unless Congress changes the rate, which it has not in about 137 years plus or minus)

Timeline Photos

[11/15/16]   We are currently hiring a receptionist to join our team.

Great Attitudes Welcome!

Job duties include:
*Greeting Clients
*Answering Phones
*Making Copies
*Keeping Calendars

We keep up with all the tax laws so you don't have too!

Let our Certified QuickBooks Pro-Advisors get your Accounting in order so you can focus on Your Business!

[06/06/16]   **Need an amazing Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant**

Do you LOVE bookkeeping?
Are YOU detail oriented?

We are a small but rapidly growing accounting firm looking for a bookkeeper/ Admin assistant who has experience in multiple company bookkeeping and QuickBooks. Experience in processing payroll and associated reports. We believe in helping our customer's companies grow by providing accurate and timely Financial Statements so they can make sound business decisions and continue to contribute to our community and economy.

If interested please send salary requirements and resume to [email protected]

[04/12/16]   Have you filed your taxes yet??? The deadline is April 18th. Call our office at (361) 334-1672 and let our knowledgeable tax prepares help you. You will be glad you did!

Affordable Care Act (ACA) Tax Provisions


Keep your Health Insurance Documents with Your Tax Records
This year marks the first time that you may receive information forms about health insurance coverage.
The information forms are:
Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
Form 1095-B, Health Coverage
Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
You do not need to send these forms to IRS as proof of your health coverage. However, you should keep any documentation with your other tax records. This includes records of your family’s employer-provided coverage, premiums paid, and type of coverage. You should keep these – as you do other tax records – generally for three years after you file your tax return.
When preparing 2015 tax returns, most people will simply have to check a box to indicate they and everyone on their tax return had health care coverage for the entire year. You will not need to file any additional forms, unless you are claiming the premium tax credit or a coverage exemption. In which case, you will use Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, or Form 8965, Health Coverage Exemptions.

If you have more questions our tax pro's would love to help you! Call (361)334-1672. You will be glad you did. The Affordable Care Act contains comprehensive health insurance reforms and includes tax provisions that affect individuals, families, businesses, insurers, tax-exempt organizations and government entities. These tax provisions contain important changes, including how individuals and families file t…

Timeline Photos

[03/15/16]   **Tax Tip of The Day**

IRS Has Refunds Totaling $950 Million for People Who Have Not Filed a 2012 Federal Income Tax Return. You have until April 18th

Don't leave your hard earned money sitting on the table. Call our Tax Pros today at
(361) 334 -1672
You will be glad you did😎

[02/26/16]   **Tax Tip of The Day**

Did you pay for childcare so you could work or look for work? You may be eligible for the Child and Dependant Care Credit. This credit may save you up to $2,100.

Call our Tax Pros Today at (361) 334-1672 and Don't leave your hard earned money sitting on the table!

[02/19/16]   *Tax Tip Of The Day*

Did you pay for college last year? You may be eligible for the American Opportunity Tax Credit of up to $2,500.

Call our Tax Pro's today (361) 334-1672 and don't leave your hard earned money sitting on the table!

**New Clients Mention this Ad and Save $20**

Accountant | Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping | Corpus Christi, TX 78404

$20 off Tax Prep for New Clients Call Cazalas Tax & Bookkeeping now at 361-360-5677 for quality Corpus Christi, TX Accountant services.

Thank you Pan American Golf Association for your recognition and continued devotion to help our area students go to college.

Call (361) 334-1672 for an appointment today. Walk ins are also welcome. We are open 9am - 7pm Monday -Friday , Sat 10am -2pm. All other times by appointment 😀

[01/19/16]   Today is the 1st day IRS is accepting personal Tax Returns. Have you filed your taxes yet? If not come see our tax experts.You will be glad you did!

Understanding Tax Return Preparer Credentials and Qualifications

Make sure to check your Tax Preparer's Credentials! Having a qualified preparer can save you alot of money. Our staff has qualified prepares ready to serve you! Any tax professional with an IRS Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) is authorized to prepare federal tax returns. However, tax professionals have differing levels of skills, education and expertise.

[01/08/16]   Now accepting appointments!!

Let our licensed Tax Preparers get you the $$ Refund You Deserve $$

Call 361 334 1672

Want your business to be the top-listed Law Practice in Corpus Christi?

Click here to claim your Sponsored Listing.




4722 Everhart Rd
Corpus Christi, TX

Opening Hours

Monday 10:00 - 17:00
Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00
Thursday 10:00 - 17:00
Friday 10:00 - 17:00
Other Notary Publics in Corpus Christi (show all)
TCB Tax Service TCB Tax Service
4502 Evelyn St
Corpus Christi, 78415

Why Pay More? Much more for your money!

Licensed Insurance Professional Licensed Insurance Professional
Corpus Christi

I am an experienced Property & Casualty Insurance Agent for the past 22 years. I am sincere, honest, and love to give my clients the best coverage for their needs. I tailor fit insurance coverage that is right for my clients.

Action Services Action Services
2902 S Port Ave
Corpus Christi, 78405

Local Family Owned Business, offering Auto & Motorcycle Insurance, Notary Service and Year Round Tax Preparation. We are bilingual.

Andy & Bertie Villarreal Tax Service Andy & Bertie Villarreal Tax Service
3141 Morgan Ave.
Corpus Christi, 78405

Tax Preparation, EFile and Electronic Check Bookkeeping, Sales & Quarterly Reports ITINS and Complete Notary

Corpus Christi Tax Service Corpus Christi Tax Service
3515 S Staples St
Corpus Christi, 78411

Corpus Christi Tax Services is ready for the 2019 Tax Season! Walk-ins are welcome and for your convenience, our TaxesToGo app is also available. Please contact our office if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment at 361-723-0663.

Joe Morales Insurance Agency Joe Morales Insurance Agency
5230 Kostoryz Rd, Ste 18
Corpus Christi, 78415

Joe Morales Insurance Agency Progressive Authorized Agent 5230 Kostoryz Rd Suite 18 Corpus Christi, Texas 78415 361-852-4292

Notary Services - Mobile Notary Notary Services - Mobile Notary
4220 Spid
Corpus Christi, 78411

[email protected]

Hometown Notary Services, LLC Hometown Notary Services, LLC
5866 S. Staples Street, Suite 307
Corpus Christi, 78413

Mobile Notary Public and Now offering Remote Online Notary Services during stay-at-home and social distancing orders. Call for more information 361-960-5250 or

Mail Plus Mail Plus
11101 Leopard St, Ste 9
Corpus Christi, 78410

Dalia Alvarez - OwnerPhone: 361 242 1112Fax: 361 242 1165Closed Weekends

Growing Books Growing Books
Corpus Christi, 78411

Virtual Bookkeeping Services for Small Businesses. Let's grow together! Growing Books is never too busy and never too big to serve small businesses.

PostalAnnex+ PostalAnnex+
6537 S Staples St Ste 125
Corpus Christi, 78413

PostalAnnex+ offers UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping, notary public, mailbox rental, shipping supplies, and more.

Lisa Pedigo, Real Estate Lisa Pedigo, Real Estate
7002 S Staples, Ste 104
Corpus Christi, 78413

If you can dream it….I can help you achieve it. As your Real Estate Professional in Corpus Christi, I combine my in-depth knowledge, experience and highest level of service to make your home sale or purchase a truly wonderful experience.