Dr. Seema Mohanan and the staff at OptimEYES welcome you to Ashburn's newest state of the art optometry office!
Dr. Seema Mohanan and the staff at OptimEYES welcome you to Ashburn's newest state of the art optometry office!
You don't have to wait until your child begins to show signs of problems with their eyesight to schedule an appointment for them to see an optometrist.
offspring.lifehacker.com My husband and I have both been eyeglass/contact-wearers since childhood, so I’ve always assumed it’s only a matter of time before things start to get a little blurry for our son. But he hasn’t started squinting or complaining of headaches, and he gets a yearly vision screening at school, so I...
Extended amounts of screen time are causing more children to be diagnosed with nearsightedness and the cases still continue to grow in numbers.
saskatoon.ctvnews.ca It’s being described as an epidemic. Optometrists say too much screen time is leading to more cases of myopia – or nearsightedness.
Wishing everyone a SPEC-tacular Sunday!!! #sunglasses #sunday #eyeglasses #optimeyesyourvision
How can they succeed if they're struggling to see? Book a visit with us today so we can examine their vision. optimeyesod.com
Don't take the risk. Remember to remove your contacts before going to sleep.
washingtonpost.com ER doctors say the dangers could even include vision loss.
When children are taken to get comprehensive eye exams, optometrists have the opportunity to catch any potential problems before they progress.
Have you taken your child to be examined yet?
A quarter of school age children have never been taken for an eye test by their parents.
Read more: https://bbc.in/2BB4Y2i
To find your perfect pair of glasses, book an appointment to come and see us here! optimeyesod.com
Would you try this coating on your eyeglasses if it meant no longer having to deal with foggy lenses?
futurity.org Walking into a warm room from the cold can turn your glasses into a foggy problem. A new coating clears things up.
There's a lot more to eye exams than just examining how far you can see!
The hidden math behind your DMV’s eye test.
April is Women's Eye Health and Safety Month. How do you protect your eyes in the workplace?
There is no current evidence that these glasses could actually benefit your eyes, but taking time away from your screen will.
abc3340.com Birmingham, AL (WBMA) - The trendy new eye wear is sported all over social media by influencers like Kylie Jenner. The blue light blocking glasses are promoted as a way to protect your eyes from those long hours in front of computers and smart phones. "They're designed to block out high intensity bl...
Don't wait until it's too late! Make an appointment now: optimeyesod.com
For a long life with healthy eyesight, schedule an appointment with us!
Would you want your child to try contacts or just stick to corrective lenses?
myhighplains.com Children as young as six years old are wearing contact lenses, and doctors say they can offer several over benefits over other forms of vision correction for kids.
And now, about 90 percent of contact wearers use soft lenses.
What a great way to make a fellow classmate feel special!
We can all learn something from this Kindergarten class at Lakewood Elementary in Dallas. When one of their classmates was nervous about returning to school with her first pair of eyeglasses they threw a "glasses party" where everyone wore their own fabulous frames!
Have you ever wondered about the little floaters you see in your eye?
Have you ever noticed little things floating across your field of vision? The facts on floaters:
Round? Square? Let us know!
There are numerous health conditions you can have that may be the cause of dry eye syndrome.
verywellhealth.com When your eyes don't produce enough tears or the right quality of tears, the result is a condition commonly called dry eye syndrome.
As the body produces more hormones, pregnant women may begin to experience problems with their vision.
parents.com You may experience some changes in your vision or dryness of your eyes during these last few weeks.
Fiction! Wearing other people's corrective lenses will not damage your eyes, but it may cause headaches due to eye strain if you wear them for too long.
By the age of 65, over 90% of people have a cataract.
If you think that you may be getting a cataract, book an appointment with us today.
startsat60.com Being over 60 is the single biggest risk factor for developing cataracts, but the subtle symptoms mean not everyone is aware when they have them.
Two pairs of perfect glasses for two special little girls!
Twins see clearly for the first time
Who remembers what their first pair looked like?
Are you cleaning your glasses the right way?
allaboutvision.com Learn the best way to clean your glasses and if it's possible to remove scratches from glasses.
Are you here for ushering in the era of smart glasses?
These $1,000 smart glasses tell you the weather, read text messages and connect to Alexa.
Currently, surgeons can only do corneal transplants because it is impossible to accomplish for the entire eye.
There are many more steps involved in finding contacts with the correct prescription for your eyes than you think.
WATCH: Buying contact lenses should involve more than just paying for a box and leaving the shop.
This optometrist discovered a much bigger health issue than just floaters in this man's eye while conducting a regular eye exam.
Optometrist Anoop Rai tells us how she was alerted to Michael's bleed on the brain- through his eye test. 'I noticed that there was a reduction in peripheral vision and I could also see a leakage of blood in the eye and suspected he had either had a stroke or was going to have one. I consulted with my colleague and we agreed that Mr Hannan needed to see a doctor immediately.’
This can lead to eye infections and other vision problems. If you have any questions about your prescription, let us know!
If you already suffer from dry eyes, the harshness of winter can worsen your condition. Here are a few tips to protect your eyes during the cold months.
self.com Batten down the hatches, eyeballs.
Don't ignore the signs. Book an appointment with us today and make sure your eyes are as healthy as they can be!
7 reasons you might need an eye exam... https://www.allaboutvision.com/eye-exam/
Don't say "I'll make the appointment tomorrow," when you can make it today! Give us a call and schedule an eye exam.
It can be hard to tell if your child actually needs a pair of glasses, but don't worry. We're here to help!
allabouteyes.com Learn a few tips that can help you recognize if your child is struggling with poor eyesight, as well as what to do when you realize there’s a problem.
If you struggle when applying eye drops, this tutorial is exactly what you need to become a pro!
How To Use Eye Drops Properly! Become An Eye Drop Pro With This Weeks Video!
Eye drops made easy with this weeks video. Learn to put in or apply eye drops yourself with my administration guidelines.
Eye drops are not the easiest of medicines to administer, especially when you are doing it yourself. In this weeks video I show you my favourite wrist-knuckle technique for applying an eye drop and also give some pro tips that everyone should know.
This video was sponsored by Dr Fox:
1. Check the expiry date on your eye drop bottle, and shake if required. 2. Wash your hands before opening the bottle.
3. Lie down or sit down and tilt your head back.
4. Make a fist with one hand and use your knuckles to pull your lower eyelid downwards. Place your other hand with the eye drop bottle onto your knuckles (see video).
5. Look up and squeeze one drop into your lower eyelid, making sure the nozzle does not touch your eye, eyelashes or eyelid.
6. Close your eye and press gently on the inner corner of your eye (punctum hold) for 1-2 minutes to ensure the drop is fully absorbed.
TOP TIPS WHEN USING EYE DROPS:
• Wash your hands and shake the bottle (if advised on the information leaflet) before use.
• Never share your eye drops with anyone else.
• Store them as instructed, whether that is at room temperature (never near a radiator) or in the fridge.
• Use your drops only within the expiry date on the bottle, and within the expiry once opened. This is usually 28 days once the bottle is open, but can vary for different eye drop bottles, so always check to ensure they are safe to use. This is to ensure they are not contaminated or have become less effective. It is a good idea to write the date that you open the bottle and the future expiry onto the label so you know when it will expire.
• Some of the single dose unit drops may be packaged within a sachet or pouch inside the box, and when the seal is open, all the drops within the sachet/pouch have a limited expiry date, for example seven days. Look at the leaflet that comes with your drops or check with your pharmacist to be sure you know the correct expiry once opened
• Order further supplies from your GP before your bottle has finished. This will ensure that you do not run out of drops.
• Use your eye drops at the same time each day, and as evenly spaced out throughout the day as possible.
• Only administer the number of drops advised by your clinician.
• If you are using more than one type of drop in the same eye, remember to leave a five minute gap between drops to allow the first drop to be absorbed. Otherwise, the second drop will wash the first drop out, causing it to have been ineffective.
• If you are using an eye ointment at the same time as your eye drops, always use your eye drops first and leave a five minute gap before using the ointment.
• If you are having difficulty opening your drop container or bottle, or having difficulty squeezing a drop into your eye, speak to your pharmacist as they can recommend useful administration aids that can help.
• If you use contact lenses, never put a drop in your eye whilst wearing a lens unless advised by your clinician and allow 15 minutes after using your drops before inserting a lens. Contact lens wearers should avoid using eye drops which contain preservatives. Please speak to your doctor or pharmacist about alternative preservative free eye drops.
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/AbrahamThePharmacist
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Extreme Optimist | Bringing Science Through New Videos Every 2 Weeks - Monday 4PM(GMT) on YouTube & 7.30PM(GMT) on Facebook! 📺🎉📺🎉📺🎉
Click 📺👆🏼to Subscribe and see new videos earlier.
I'm a British - Persian - Iranian prescribing media pharmacist who loves science, making videos and helping people. I work in both GP surgeries and community pharmacy.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
YOUTUBE LINK TO THIS VIDEO:
How To Use Eye Drops (2018)
#howtouseeyedrops #howtouseeyedrop #eyedrops #eyedrop #howtoapplyeyedropsyourself #howtoputineyedropsyoutube #howtoputineyedropswithoutmissing #eyedropadministrationguidelines
It's a match made in heaven!
Check out this blog by Blog
optimeyesod.com Sports Eye Safety. Vision skills are extremely important in sports, whether you play golf, soccer, baseball, basketball or racquet sports. You may need special sports eyewear. Schedule an appointment with OptimEYES, your optometrist in Ashburn.
If you just found out that your child needs glasses and aren't sure what to do next, we can answer any questions you may have!
parents.com If you find out that your child needs to wear glasses, you probably have lots of questions. This advice from eye experts will help you answer them.
Round, oval or square? Find out what eyeglasses frame looks best on you based on your face shape!
allaboutvision.com Face shapes and skin tones matter when choosing eyeglasses. Here's how to choose the best glasses for your face shape and coloring.
Check out this blog by Blog
optimeyesod.com Diabetic Retinopathy FAQs in Ashburn. Get information on causes, symptoms and treatment for diabetic retinopathy and learn how our Ashburn optometry can help provide pain relief for years to come. Call us today to schedule a consultation!
If you suspect that you or your child may be showing symptoms of strabismus, give us a call.
It's so important that you properly clean and store your lenses.
Do you wear contact lenses? Fill your case with fresh solution every time you store your contacts. Never mix new solution with old. https://go.usa.gov/xUs89
Would you consider giving these contacts a try?
FDA approves the first-ever light adaptive contact lenses
We know it can be tempting, but it's important to take your contacts out after a long day's wear.
Who can relate to the struggle?
Sometimes contact lenses are just better
|Tuesday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||10:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
LIFETIME VISION & CONTACTS, Suite 100, 44345 Premier Plaza Ashburn, VA 20147-5054, Ashburn Eye Doctor, Ashburn Optometrist. Ashburn Eye Care, Ashburn, Contact Lenses, Ashburn Eyeglasses, Ashburn Eye Disease, Ashburn Frames
Full service Optometric practice. We regularly see patients for a wide range of issues, including primary care, specialty contact lens fittings, and pre/post operative care.
InSight Eye Optique is a boutique style optometry practice and optical. We offer comprehensive eye exams for the whole family. Come relax in our Eye Spa!
At Acuity Vision Care we strive to take care of your entire eye care needs by providing comprehensive eye health and visual examinations.
We are here to here to help you change the way you see yourself, with an accent on style!
Quality eyecare you expect...Old fashioned caring you'll love.
The Optometrists and the staff at Loudoun Eye Associates are committed to providing our patients with a warm and personalized eye care experience like no other.