To stay fit and promote healthy lifstyle
Strong Legs Workout
20 high knees
10 lunges (each leg)
5 plie squats
5 standing calf raises
20 donkey kicks
10 side lunges (each leg)
2:00 hamstring stretch
Warm-up for a cardio session with this total-body workout.
30 alternating lunges
30 jumping jacks
10 Reasons to Do Yoga
1.Improves your overall quality of life
2.Improves your short term memory and mental concentration 3.Increases muscle strength and tone
4.Helps boost your immunity system
5.Improves quality of sleep
6.Improves your flexibility, balance, and posture
7.Promotes weight loss
8.Improves ability to deal with stress
9.Slows down the aging process
10.Gives your more energy
Turn your typical lemonade into a healthy, green drink to promote weight loss, prevent liver and colon cancer, and lower blood pressure.
2 medium apples
4 kale leaves
2 cups spinach
Process all ingredients in a juicer, stir and serve with ice.
Apple Banana Cinnamon Smoothie
Blend up this breakfast smoothie to start your day right. It’s packed with protein, fiber, calcium, and vitamins.
1 red apple
¾ cup nonfat plain yogurt
½ cup nonfat milk
¼ tsp cinnamon
Directions: Blend all ingredients on medium high for 30 seconds. Makes one 16-oz serving, 382 calories.
Protein Berry Mug Cake
Great for breakfast. Great for a snack. Great for any time of the day because it’s gluten free, super healthy, and seriously good.
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp plain or vanilla greek yogurt
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp maple syrup
3 tbsp egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
Mix yogurt, coconut oil, extracts, and egg white together in a mug. Add baking powder and protein powder to mug then stir. Stir in berries and cover with maple sytrup. Microwave about 2 minutes. Serve.
Life in Motion's cover photo
Pizza is always a go-to for late-night (or anytime) guilty dining. But with pizza comes the grease and fat that can set you back on your sleeping and eating habits. Try this meatball slider that’s lower in calories and easy on the heartburn. Cook some light meatballs with tomato sauce and serve on top of flat bread or pita bread, sprinkle some parmasan cheese on top. It tastes like pizza, but only 120 calories.
Drink More Water
It’s important to drink lots of water to keep your body and brain hydrated, flush out toxins, decrease fatigue, carry oxygen to your cells, and regulate your digestive systems. To calculate how much water you should drink everyday, divide your weight by 2 and that equals the number of ounces you should drink. Remember that 8 ounces = 1 glass of water. A 130 lb woman, for example, should drink about 8 glasses of water.
Jumping Jack Trick
For every two jumping jacks you do, you burn 1 calorie. That means you can lose 1 pound by doing 7000 jumping jacks. Do 10 sets of 100 jumping jacks everyday for 1 week and you’ll be one pound lighter!
These Crossfit workouts are perfect for anyone who can’t get to a gym. You can do these in your hotel room, your front room, the local park or your back yard. Try a few or try them all! Do these exercise as fast as you can for a terrific home WOD (workout of the day).
1. Run for a half mile, followed by 50 pushups. Repeat 3x.
2. Run for a quarter mile, followed by 50 squats. Repeat 3x.
3. Run for 1 mile, followed by 100 pull ups, 200 push-ups, 300 squats. Run another mile.
4. Do a series of pull-ups and dips. Counting 50, 40, 30, 20, then 10 of each.
5. Do 12 burpees, followed by 12 pull ups. Repeat 10x.
Natural Ways to Energize
1. Stretch –When you wake up, take a few minutes in bed to breath deeply and stretch every muscle in your body. Start with your toes and work your way up to the muscles in your face. This will allow your mind and body to adjust to being awake.
2. Eat breakfast –After fasting for many hours, our bodies need lots of nutrients in order to operate optimally. Wake up a little bit earlier, fix a healthy breakfast and start your day right.
3. Drink water –Water is crucial for every system in our body! Dehydration is a big contributer to feeling fatigued, so drink plenty of water all day long.
4. Laugh –If you’re feeling the 3 pm slump, chat with a good friend or watch a funny video. Laughter will increase your mood and pick up your energy level.
5. Tap your thymus – Tap the center of your chest, below your collar bone for 15-20 seconds. Doing this will produce T-cells, increase energy, relieve stress and boost your immune system.
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are a fundamental part of fall. Going apple picking, drinking apple cider, and baking apple pie. Apples are incredibly delicious and have many health benefits.
1. Increase Endurance: Apples contain quercetin, which allows oxygen to reach the lungs more easily. Eat an apple before a workout and see how it affects your endurance.
2. Boost Immunity: Apples have tons of vitamins, including vitamin C –the best immune system booster.
3. Satisfy Cravings: Apples are naturally sweet and will help curb a cookie craving. They’re also low in calories and fat free, so you can feel good about eating lots of apples!
4. Fight cancer: Apples contain triterpenoids, which fight against liver, breast and colon cancer.
5. Improve Memory: Apples are believed to increase the neurotransmitteracetylcholine, which improves memory and lowers risk of Alzheimer’s.
Life in Motion's cover photo
Life in Motion
Ashburn CrossFit is for everyone, not just elite athletes. We are a complete fitness program that can be adapted for all fitness levels and ages.
Dynamic's Logo stands for the "Dynamic" attitude that your son or daughter will develop while studying TaeKwonDo under Master Lee.703-72FOCUS (723-6287)http://leesdynamictkd.com/
One-on-one, small-group training and boot camps led by a certified personal trainer in Loudoun County.
Our Mission at The ROCK is to challenge our members, physically and mentally, with customized programs to achieve their personal health and fitness goals.
Capital Kids is a fun and safe place to keep your little ones active and entertained.
Only $5 a class (with membership options), Full Out Fitness provides fun, friendly and high energy classes! Inside East Coast Edge Performing Arts Center
The best darn martial arts school in Northern Virginia!!!
Race through our 70ft inflatable obstacle course, traverse our Rockwall, Climb on our Cargo Net and work up a sweat in the XRKade!
Les Mills GRIT Training
Taekwondo-Afterschool-Seasonal Camp-Day Camp -———Hapkido-Gymnastics (In Purcellville)———-
Build your strength and confidence learning Krav Maga at Super Kicks Karate. Learn to defend yourself against grabs, strikes, chokes, and weapons.