We are Qatar University clinic responsible for injuries occurring on the campus sport fields
PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECT OF DIRECT CURRENT
* Hyperemia under the electrodes specially cathode
* Sedation under the anode
Is the transfer of the ions of drugs into the body through the skin by the use a constant direct current , ions will migrate to the electrode of opposite charge so positive ione must be introduce from the positive electrode the negative ions from the negative electrode ( repel) .
The hyperemia produced following iontophoresis disappear after few hours
Drugs aften more effectively transferred into the affected area than by topical application .
A dilute solution of the drugs is necessary as a high concentration into the tissue
Good circulation should exist in the application area . Better and deeper penetration of the drug than by topical application.
NEXT CONTRA INDICATION OF IONTOPHORESIS😃😃😎
Direct Current ( Galvanic - Constant )
* Negative electrode attracts positive ions
*positive electrode attract negative ions
* Electrons flow from the negative terminal to the positive treminal
*The solution near the cathode becomes alkaline and near the anode becomes acidic
* Current leaves the positive terminal toward the negative terminal
*Under the cathode the alkaline reaction produces marked red coloration of the skin due to capillary hyperemia thus chemical burn may exist
*the entire region between the electrodes is involved
*The conduction of current depends on the wantent of the tissue , so muscle is a good conductor while fat is apoor conductor
*Wet skin is a good conductor while dry skin is poor one because of the skin resistance so applying a warm moist towel to lower skin resistance and reduces the risk of chemical burn.
next PHYSIOLOGICAL EFFECT OF D.C. 😍😘😀
TYPE & USES OF ELECTRICAL STIMULATION
*Low Frequency Currents.
*Medium Frequency Currents
NEXT Direct Current😍
FOR EVALUATION ( ELECTRO-DIAGNOSIS)
*Nerve Excitability Test
*Reaction of Degeneration
*Rheobase & Chronaxie
*Nerve Conduction Velocity
*Strength Duration Curve
*Neuromuscular Transmission Test
next = Types & uses of Electrical Stimulation😘
For Treatment :
*Direct Current & Iontophoresis
* Low Frequency Current
- Sinusoidal Current.
- Faradic Current
- Long Duration Modular pulsed Currents
- High Voltage Galvanic Stimulation
*Medium Frequency Currents
- Interferential Current
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS )
Top 10 tips for a healthy back, including lifting advice, how to sit properly and back-strengthening exercises.
1. Exercise your back regularly – walking, swimming (especially backstroke) and using exercise bikes are all excellent ways to strengthen your back muscles.
2. Always bend your knees and hips, not your back.
3. Learn to lift heavy objects using the correct lifting technique.
4. Carry larger loads in a comfortable rucksack using both
shoulder straps, and avoid sling bags.
5. Maintain a good posture – avoid slumping in your chair, hunching over a desk, or walking with your shoulders hunched.
6. Try to take a short break from sitting every 30 minutes.
7. Quit smoking – it's thought smoking reduces the blood supply to the discs between the vertebrae, and this may lead to these discs degenerating.
8. Lose any excess weight. Use our healthy weight calculator to find out if you're a healthy weight for your height.
9. Check that your bed provides the correct support and comfort for your weight and build, not just firmness.
10. Learn relaxation techniques to help manage stress. Stress is a major cause of back pain.
One of the units of Section Sports and Recreation under the student activities Department .It was established in 1994 and oversees the treatment of students , employees and faculty of Qatar University, under the supervision of a specialist physiotherapist and medical rehabilitation .who specialized treatment programs and rehabilitation. Department of Student Activities keen to equip the clinic with the latest devices and equipment to provide the best treatment and rehabilitation services. The clinic gets all medical referrals from the health institutions in the state 'government and private sector.
The unit is divided to:
First - the Examination and Evaluation room
Secondly – Section of Thermal and electrical therapy .it,s include:
• ultrasound therapy
• electro therapy
• short waves
• electrical massage
• wax bath
• hot bags
• laser thearpy
3rd - section of therapeutic exercises
Contain special equipment and accessories for treatment and rehabilitative exercises for sports injuries that require medical rehabilitation pre and post surgical treatment
• Provide therapeutic services to students , faculty members and staff
• accompany sports teams in the domestic and foreign competition
• providing brochures indicative particularly for the prevention and treatment
• establish and atteing scientific conferences and seminars in the field of physical therapy and sport,s injury
• cooperation with all health institutions in the state to provide services and the exchange of experience
• Participate in medical conferences and symposiums
• Treatment by a certified medical referral
Naseem Al Rabeeh is a multispecialty medical centre committed to serve the medical needs of the growing and vibrant population in the State of Qatar.
الهيئة العامة للجمارك - دولة قطر
مركز سوريانا الطبي هو شركة رعاية صحية رائدة يركز على تقديم أعلى مستوى من الرعاية ونهتم لتقديم خدمة ذات جودة عالية وأفضل علاج لمرضانا
Al Abeer Medical Center is a Multi-Specialty Health Center offering world class healthcare services in Qatar. العبير مركز طبي متعدد التخصصات يقدم خدمات الرعاية الصحية بمستوي عالمي
قسم التربية البدنية وعلوم الرياضة مدرسة محمد بن عبد العزيز المانع الثانوية المستقلة
Herbal Medicine, Alternative Cure, Alternative Medicine, Organic, Natural, Buah Merah Mix, Antioxidant, Anticancer, Immune System, Health and Wellness
Dr. Abou Shouk has more than 25 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Her clinic is located in Al Duhail beside the Landmark.
A high class integrated Healthcare Delivery System in Qatar entailing the finest medical skills combined with compassionate patient care
Alaqsa Medical Center offers you the best medical services For more information and inquiries you can call us through this nos. 55123450, 44353944.
The Audiology and Balance Unit is concerned with solving problems associated with hearing loss in both adults and in children, covering the whole country.
هو مركز متخصص للحجامة والاعشاب الطبيعية مرخص من وزارة الصحة بقطر ويتوفر به فسم للرجال والنساء بخبرة 40 عاما إشراف الشيخ : عقل فاروق