Official page for Petroleum Engineering Program - Texas A&M University at Qatar.
PETE Iftar for faculty , staff, students 😍👌🏻
Dr. Elbashir Lecture at Universiti Teknologi Petronas
Dr. Nimir gave a seminar to the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at Universiti Tecknologi Petronas (UTP) in Macrh 5th. The Lecture was talking about advancement in natural gas processing research at Texas A&M University as part of our visit with TEES (Dr. Eyad Masad) and TAMU Petroleum Engineering Department head (Dr. Jeff Spath) to sign an MoU with UTP and to explore collaboration in research and teaching in the field of Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering and others. UTP is the largest private university in Malayisa that belong to Petronas, Malaysian national oil company, and it has strong program in Petroleum Engineering.
Dr. Nimir Elbashir talk at PETE workshop (Current Advancements and challenges in Multiphase flow)
Dr Jeff Spath, PETE Department Head, in the opening cermony of Multiphase Flow Workshop 20-21 March.
by Dr Aziz Rahman, PETE Faculty
Petroleum engineering sophomores visit QP site in Dukhan
Petroleum engineering sophomore students reently visited Qatar Petroleum's facilities in Dukhan. The students toured QP's drilling operations and visited a rig site. The visit enabled students to learn more about drilling operations, drilling rig components, drilling fluids and directional drilling. It also gave them insights into the real-life work environment of professional engineers in the oil and gas industry. Industry visits and other forms of practical learning experiences are critical for students so they can relate what they study in the classroom to real-life industry applications. The trip was led by professor of the practice in the Petroleum Engineering Program Dr. Albertus Retnanto
Total’s ambition is to produce affordable oil and gas. To do that, we constantly optimize our portfolio by investing in highly competitive projects, such as Al-Shaheen in Qatar.
for SPE Outstanding Student Chapter Awards 2015-2018
14th Nov 2018
Multidisciplinary Projects in Engineering Education
Transformative Educational Experiences Grant
#Aziz_Rahman #Abdulla_Shaat #PETE
Project Mentors: Dr. YASSER AL HAMIDI (MEEN), Dr. KONSTANTINOS KAKOSIMOS (CHEN), Dr. AZIZ RAHMAN (PETE) and Dr. AHMAD SHEHAB (ECEN)
Students: ABDULLAH SHAAT (PETE), ZEINAB ATAYA (CHEN), MOAZ RABIE (MEEN), MOHAMED HUSSEIN (MEEN)
As per the submitted TEE proposal plan, students from different engineering programs were recruited to carry out the work promised in this granted proposal. The students initially discussed the potential in a number of different options for the project. A large focus was placed on green technology, or options that deal with sustainable energy or environment, since they match well with the Qatar National Vision 2030. The students shared their ideas with the project faculty mentors who selected “Grey Water Treatment Using Solar Thermal Energy” as the project for students to proceed with. One of the selection criteria was to have the selected project multidisciplinary so the students from different majors can contribute to.
The students then resumed their work and started researching current work in the field of grey water treatment. By the end of their literature review, the students were able to propose a design for a solar water filtration system. The system includes a parabolic dish used to concentrate the solar energy into a tank of grey water to vaporize it. The vapor is then directed into a separate tank where it will be condensed to form clean and reusable water.
Different factors of the water filtration system were studied by the students such as the design and organization of components, the selection of the material of
(SPE) Student Chapter received the 2018 Outstanding Student Chapter Award.
Texas A&M University at Qatar Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Student Chapter received the 2018 Outstanding Student Chapter Award. The award is the fourth International recognition in a row. This prestigious award recognizes SPE student chapters with exceptional programs in industry engagement, operations and planning, community involvement, professional development and innovation.
The Outstanding Student Chapter recipients have been honored during the Student Awards Luncheon at SPE’s Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) in Dallas, Texas, USA, 25 September 2018
TAMU PETE Department joint workshop
TAMU PETE Department joint workshop between TAMU-CS and TAMUQ to develop short term and long term plans for integrating the department teaching, Research and Service activities and building excellence in each.
Texas A&M University Petroleum Engineering department is a world-leading program in upstream field and this excellence will be extended to the midstream field with the support of TAMUQ and its strength in this field. The whole day workshop was held in the La Torretta Resort in Montgomery, Texas on September 28. The second workshop will be held in Doha March 2019.
PETE Freshmen Orientation
Dr. Nimir Elbashir, PETE PC, thanks students and parents for attending the event
DR. #Nayef Alyafei talking to PETE freshmen about his experience as an aggie!
#PETE ALUMNI #Maryam_Al_Bishri talking to PETE freshmen today!
Dr. #Nimir_Elbishir , #PETE program chair and PETE program hosted the new PETE admitted students to lunch with their parents and tour to PETE labs!
WELCOME freshmen :)
SPE Elections started at PETE suite office 204P till Thursday 12 April noon. Do you know the nominees?
get to know them from their quotes here:
1. Abdullah Shaat: "I have always been a proud member of SPE, which has been the overall greatest organization in TAMUQ. However, each board has to add on what the previous board did in terms of achievements and ideas, and I believe that the experience I gained in the past three years allows me to do so as the SPE president. I was an active member of over six great organizations and clubs, each added to my personal skills. We all know that SPE is great, but we can make it even greater!”
1. Khalid Al-Sayrafi: “I don't speak change, I make change.”
1. Laith Abughaush: “As a rising senior running for secretary, I understand that this role will foster community between board members and is critical in coordinating team meeting and recording meeting minutes. In addition, my ability to target an agenda makes me someone who gets the job done and encourages others in the team to stay focused. As a previous Membership Officer at SPE, I learned to respect opposing views and manage conflict. Such skills will ensure that I will be a valuable board member for the year to come. Not only am I punctual individual, but I believe that I will be the driving force to encourage cooperation between the chapter's members.”
2. Ibrahim Al-Abdulla
1. Abdulkarim Mohamed: “Vote for me and we'll make sure that SPE wins the organization of the year."
1. Abdul Sattar AlKahala: “Vote for me for a successful year of SPE. I believe I can perform my role well in including other students into SPE and providing them a great insight into what SPE is and what it does. With hopes to build on the successes of this year's board!”
2. Jawahir Al-Tamimi: “Being part of SPE was a great experience and I gained a lot of skills and friends. I have good experience to be a board member and make a difference that we will all be proud of in the future of SPE.”
Publications & Technology Officer:
1. Muhammad Farooq Zia: “As my Senior year at TAMUQ commences, I wish to put my utmost effort in maintaining and increasing the quality of work we do in the department of Publications and Technology. SPE, being one of the most active student chapters hosts a plethora of events, which I will make sure are covered and reported on all media in an efficient way. I also plan to keep up the publication of Rising Derrick and include quality pieces in it. For this, I request your support in the upcoming SPE 2018-19 elections. Vote for Farooq!!!"
2. Jerahmeel Corbane Bautista
Thank you for your time. The ballot box will be available each day between 8:30 am to 5 pm from tomorrow until Thursday, April 12th at 12 pm to allow time for the votes to be counted before SPE Knight.
Abdulhussein wins first place presenting undergraduate research at ICTEA
Petroleum engineering student Tabarak Abdulhussein presented her Undergraduate Research Experience Program (UREP) project, "The Effect of Wettability on Viscous Fingering and Oil Recovery," at the 11th International Conference on Thermal Engineering Theory and Applications (ICTEA). The first-place project was supervised by Dr. Nayef Alyafei in the Petroleum Engineering Program.
Winners of Annual Paper Contest 2018 !
Reem Al Qutami
#PETE _ End of Year dinner
Dr. Bowman Farewell Lunch
#TAMUQ Senior students with #OXY CEO at #ATCE2017
#TAMUQ #SPE OUTSTANDING STUDENT CHAPTER AWARD 2017
sponsored by #OXY
#SPE student lunch
SPE started their activities for 2017-2018👍🏼👍🏼
Aggie 101 ; PETE Freshmen Orientation is live now !
The petroleum engineering program won for the second time in a row the Summer Student Academy.
Former student, BASHAR ELTAHIR, shares experience in the The Way Ahead magazine
Former student Bashar ElTahir '16 shared his experiences studying at Texas A&M at Qatar in an article in the Society of Petroleum Engineers' The Way Ahead magazine. ElTahir described graduating at 33 while simultaneously working and supporting his wife and four kids. Additionally, ElTahir recounts the obstacles in switching from a non-technical role to a production engineer within his same company.
Read more: https://www.spe.org/en/twa/twa-article-detail/?art=3125
spe.org For recent graduates and entry-level engineers, the low-price environment can make finding job opportunities difficult. We have heard numerous stories from around the world of professionals with limited experience finding jobs, despite the fact that a large number of posted job positions require at…
The Student Employment Office is designed to help students pursue their educational goals by providing employment resources and professional development.
الصفحة الرسمية لموقع سيريا فيت Syriavet المنتدى الطبي البيطري The official page for (syriavet.com) syrian veterinary website
The Islamic Online University(IOU) Administration in coordination with the IOU USA Student Committee is geared towards providing guidance and support for the students and prospective students of IOU in the USA.
CPH Alumni Chapter is a branch of the Qatar University Alumni Association.
Academic Papers Page is developed to help all students with all their papers including, but not limited to essays, reports, case studies, research proposal, research paper, literature review, and thesis. With us NO WORRIES about references and citations.
The Society of Professional Journalists in Qatar, Northwestern University in Qatar, Medill School of Journalism.
The American society of Civil Engineers -Student Chapter, College of Engineering at QATAR UNIVERSITY. The first Civil engineering student chapter in Qatar
The Cultural Exchange Club (CEC) is a student led club based in Carnegie Mellon University Qatar which aims to create awareness among university students about different cultures - both local and global.
معهد الدوحة للدراسات العليا هو مؤسّسة تعليمية و بحثية مستقلّة متخصصة في العلوم الاجتماعية والإنسانية والإدارة العامّة مقرها الدوحة، قطر.
We are Qatar University clinic responsible for injuries occurring on the campus sport fields