Working with a trainer can help you achieve your fitness goals – goals as modest as touching your toes again or as ambitious as preparing to run a marathon. Whether you want to lose weight, regain flexibility, develop speed or simply feel good again.
Check out these easy desk stretches to do at work in front of the computer!
infofit.ca Do you suffer from back pain?Your spine starts out with proper posture, however, over time, your muscles, tendons and ligaments become imbalanced.
Fitness Expert Andre Noel Potvin demonstrates how to safely pick up heavy dumbbells off the rack and/or floor before you begin to train with them or even after your second or third set when you are fatigued from your workout.
· Before you lift the dumbbell, make note not to round your back (always maintain a neutral spine), and find a secure position to place your hand on (i.e. dumbbell rack, knee, etc...) in order to brace yourself.
· In a squatting position, grasp the dumbbell with the opposing hand and roll it towards yourself before picking up (dumbbell should be aligned under your center of gravity).
· Keep your lifting arm straight as you rise with the dumbbell, then flip the dumbbell upwards using the momentum created by the squat, then place it on your knee. If you are using another dumbbell, pick the other up in the same manner as previously detailed.
· An alternate method in preparing to move the dumbbells is to pick one up (as detailed above) and place it on a secure raised surface, then lift the other dumbbell separately.
· Place the dumbbell down onto the floor in the same controlled manner you picked them up by bracing yourself, and using your legs (i.e. squat) to lower the dumbbell. Practice good gym etiquette and DO NOT slam the dumbbell on the ground!
Launch Your Ultimate Fitness Career
Shortages Bring Great Career Options. Full/PT Programs, Government Financing ★Watch Video★ Learn More--► http://www.infofit.ca/
Ultra Career Opportunities for Our Graduates ★ Learn More--► http://www.infofit.ca/about/fitness-jobs/
Get to Work ▪█───█▪
Woohoo first spinning class done
Green beans, salmon and stir fried quinoa ! Yummy
Learn key points about knee pain and how to reduce the damage we do to them in daily life !
infofit.ca Knee pain makes daily activities a chore. Walking is recommended to reduce symptoms.People are tentative to start, they think it will create more...
Reminder to get your team or individual clients registered for the upcoming FEMSPORT VANCOUVER CHALLENGE (Sep 9th)...see you there!
REGISTER HERE: http://femsport.tv/events/vancouver
|Monday||9am - 7pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 6pm|
|Thursday||9am - 6pm|
|Friday||9am - 6pm|
|Saturday||8am - 5pm|
Located near the corner of 176th & 66A Ave in Cloverdale and at the corner of West 6th and Pine in Kitsilano.
YYoga is a community of yoga studio and lifestyle centres dedicated to supporting people in their commitment to whole health.
A reformer and mat based Pilates studio in the Whole Foods building in Kitsilano, Vancouver. We've been teaching Pilates at this location since 1999 (14 years!) Come check us out! We've got an intro package to help get you started
Studeo Vancouver/Los Angeles - A training centre like no other.
Precision Athletics offers one on one, partner and small group personal training in Yaletown, downtown Vancouver, B.C
Momentum Fitness is a personal training studio located in Kitsilano, Vancouver BC
www.semperviva.com Yoga Studio and Yoga Teacher Training in Vancouver. Authentic Yoga. Transforming lives through the practice of yoga and the celebration of community
For time and location of classes and other UBC Yoga Club events, please visit www.ubcyogaclub.com and check out the Calendar and Schedule.
Ayurveda. Yoga. Science. Revealing your healthiest, most radiant life path with the deepest wisdom of body & mind on Earth.
The Semperviva 40 Day Yoga Challenge is a 40 day journey to personal transformation
Semperviva offers you authentic yoga. Our welcoming and supportive community enables yoga enthusiasts of all ages, abilities and fitness levels to participate in this life changing experience.
Want to know your exact percent fat and muscle mass? Need help with your bone density or daily caloric needs? Come and see me!