We still believe that insurance is about people. We provide quality insurance products and services; driven by our commitment to excellence.
WE STILL BELIEVE INSURANCE IS ABOUT PEOPLE
We strive to provide our customers with quality insurance products and services; driven by our commitment to excellence.
It's #UmbrellaDay! Let's talk about how to protect your home from water damage! Here are 7 tips to follow:
1. Inspect & repair your roof
2. Document your possessions
3. Trim your trees
4. Clean your gutters and downspouts
5. Guard your foundation and basement
6. Install a sewer backflow valve
7. Protect HVAC Equipment and appliances
Did You Know...
Ontario has more than half of the highest quality farm land in Canada. There are 51,950 farms in Ontario, and production includes:
- Fruit crops such as grapes, apples and berries,
- Cash crops such as soybeans, corn, mixed grain, wheat and barley
- Commercial poultry, hog, dairy and beef cattle
- Flowers and other ornamental plants
There is no better way to preserve the value of your home than by doing regular maintenance. As the weather gets warmer, make sure you a thorough check of your house, both inside and out. Staying on top of home maintenance is important because:
- It maintains or adds value to your home
- It improves the appearance of your property
- Helps protect your home against weather
- Maintenance costs are less when done regularly
- Fewer unseen issues will arise if you stay on top of it
See 10 Home Maintenance Tips for Spring below, and get cleaning!
In order to avoid expensive repairs to your car, there are a few things you should be checking on a regular basis to make sure your car will last.
- Air filter: replace when it gets too dusty to see light through.
- Oil: change ever 3,000-5,000 km.
- Brake fluid: levels should be within half an inch or so from the top.
- Tires: check your tire pressure after changing in seasons, and have rotated every 7,500-10,000 miles.
- Battery: look for frayed cables and clean off any dirt or dust.
- Coolant: keep levels up to "full" line, but make sure to never add to a hot engine.
From retail stores, offices, and contractors to churches, we’ve got progressive, affordable coverage to protect your business’ physical assets and income. When you need an expert who will take the time to help you sort through the details, choose one of our local agents and brokers because they know their communities, and they can best represent you and your needs.
You could be in for an unhappy surprise if your home isn't insured according to what it would cost to rebuild after a natural disaster. With severe weather on the rise, it's becoming even more important to update your policy when you renovate. Your insurance agent or broker will be able to answer your questions and put your mind at ease!
How do you stay healthy in the winter? We have 5 tips on keeping the sickness away!
1. Get a flu shot
2. Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands
3. Take a daily multivitamin
4. Get enough sleep!
5. Join a club! The more friends you have, the healthier you'll be!
Winter can be a hard time to get around. Make sure you choose a good pair of winter boots, wear ice grippers if needed. Help other road users see you by wearing bright colours or adding reflective material to clothing. Prevent heat loss by wearing warm layers. Keep your walkways clear of snow and use salt on any ice buildup. Stay safe!
Have you seen our video yet?
Watch below and see The Peel Mutual Insurance Story. https://www.youtube.com/embed/eK7q3iJTilA
youtube.com Please take a moment to view our short video that describes the evolution of our company, from our rural beginnings, through our growth into additional produ...
Make sure your home is ready for the cold with this checklist! (even when you aren’t!)
How is your New Years Resolution going? If you're still going strong, awesome job! If you've fallen off, it's never too late to get back at it! Keep going!
January is Alzheimer's Disease Awareness and Caregivers Month. This year's theme is Dementia: Can we reduce the risk?
Highlighting the importance of maintaining a brain-healthy lifestyle, here is a link about brain health:
Do you use bitter sweet chocolate for baking? It may not be something you think about, but oven safety is important to consider when making a batch of cookies!
Before you use the oven, make sure you don't smell any gas leaking. Make sure there is nothing in the oven, and no food particles or grease residue on the stove top. Position your oven racks before pre-heating to prevent scalding. Close the oven door immediately after removing or testing food, and use oven mitts to remove food. Keep a fire extinguisher, baking soda, and metal lids nearby to put out fires quickly.
Why do you need an agent or broker?
The insurance industry has become more complex with its own language of terms, legal issues and subtle details. You need a knowledgeable expert at every stage of the process to interpret these rules and what they mean for you. Your Agent or Broker’s personal advice and support can be invaluable as your insurance needs and requirements evolve through different life stages and events.
Find one here: https://www.peelmutual.com/find-agents/
Planning on enjoying a nice bath for Bubble Bath Day? Be careful of water damage from overflowing the tub!
Here are some other things to take into consideration!
- Check the seals around your bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Know where the shut off valves are
- Replace or fix your dishwasher if it leaks
- Check to make sure the hoses from your washing machine are in good condition
- Keep an eye on rust or corrosion on your plumbing pipes or fixtures
Did You Know?
When you insure your vehicle with us, we can provide coverage for your snowmobile.
A Trailmaster discount is available for motorized snow vehicles provided all operators are 40 years of age or over and all operators have remained accident and claims free for the last six years. You must have owned a snow vehicle throughout the past five years.
Check with your broker or agent to make sure you have adequate protection.
It's National Spaghetti Day today! If you're planning on cooking some up, be careful in the kitchen!
Did you know that cooking fires are a leading cause of house fires? Every year, house fires destroy thousands of homes across Canada. In addition to property damage, house fires can cause serious injuries and even death.
- Remove all items from the stovetop when you're done cooking.
- Use a heat-resistant surface to cool down cookware.
- Keep young children and pets away from stovetops.
- Install smoke detectors that meet Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) standards on every level of your home and make sure they are functional. Clean and test your smoke detectors and replace batteries once a year.
- Keep a working fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Keep a pot cover nearby to smother flames in the event of a fire.
- Don't leave cooking appliances unattended while in use. Always stay in the kitchen while you are cooking.
Happy 2018! Peel Mutual has been around since 1876, and has grown to be one of the largest mutual insurance companies in Ontario. Here is a picture of Peel Mutual's Office Building in 1975!
Stay Safe this New Years and avoid Drinking and Driving by using one of these alternatives:
- Have a designated driver
- Go to a house party and stay over
- Walk home if you're close
- Use public transit
- Take a taxi
Have a fun night and happy 2018!
Working toward opening your own business in the new year? Peel Mutual offers business insurance, to protect your physical assets and income.
Read more here: http://www.peelmutual.com/business/
For some people, Boxing day is one of their favourite holidays, for others it’s a headache waiting to happen! Are you someone who likes to go take advantage of all the deals, or hide out at home? Tell us below!
Merry Christmas from Peel Mutual! Wishing everyone a happy and safe holidays.
Winter Driving Tips
1. Have a survival kit in your car.
2. Check weather and road conditions often.
3. Keep a safe distance behind snow plows and other cars.
4. Get winter tires installed on your behicle.
5. Slow down and give yourself extra travel time.
6. Clear ice and snow from your vehicle before starting your trip.
7. Wear comfortable clothes and warm footwear.
8. Keep a full gas tank.
9. Keep OPP numbers handy and travel with a charged cellphone.
10. Avoid cruise control on slippery roads.
It's the longest and darkest day of the year today, Happy Winter Solstice! Fittingly, it's also National Flashlight Day. It's important to always have a charged flashlight in your house, in case of power outages or emergencies. Keep it in one spot, and change the batteries on a regular basis. It could come in handy one day!
Did you know due to their thick skin, hair and natural insulation, cows actually prefer temperatures between 4 and 18 degrees celsius. So long as the cows are well fed, healthy, and have dry bedding, they don’t mind the cold! Protect your cows and the rest of your unique needs with Peel Farm Insurance.
Learn more here: http://www.peelmutual.com/farm/
Have you ever had a pipe freeze in your home? Frozen pipes can eventually burst, causing damage and potential flooding. Apart from making sure your house is always kept warm, even if you are gone for long periods of time, you can also allow your faucet to drip. Allowing the faucet to be open will relieve pressure in the system. If a pipe does freeze, it's actually the pressure that causes the pipe to burst.
Have you checked your car battery lately?
It's often more difficult for a battery to operate in cold weather than it is for a battery to operate in warm weather. As a result, a battery that's merely weak during the summer could turn into a dead battery during the winter. Our advice is to have a volt test performed on your battery before winter starts to make sure it's still in good working order. If it isn't, buy a new battery as soon as possible so you'll never have to worry about being stranded or left in a cold parking lot with a car that won't start.
If you live in an area that gets heavy snow during the winter months, be wary of falling trees! Heavy snow and ice build up can cause a big mess in terms of fallen trees! Remove any dead trees on your property before the snow falls, and trim and remove dead branches from healthy ones. Besides protecting your own home, you will also play a part in protecting your neighbours properties.
A quick winter tip! Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Heating appliances that you use this month may emit odourless carbon monoxide and other harmful fumes.
Whether you love it or hate it, snow can cause some major problems to your property this winter. One of these is the accumulation of heavy snow causing your roof to collapse. Make sure to check the structure of your buildings to determine if the roofs, walls, and foundations are solid and able to support some weight. Never let a large amount of snow build up on your roof. When snow melts and re-freezes on your roof, it blocks the flow of water into the eavestrough, the water then gets under the shingles and causes leaks into your house. Make sure the roof area at the eavestrough is kept free from buildup of ice and snow.
Check if your property has the right insurance and contact your broker today.
Are winter tires really necessary?
Many people believe that all-season tires really do work in all seasons, and although they offer decent grip in most conditions, they are made of a harder rubber compound which loses pliability when temperatures drop below 7 degrees celsius. An article in the Globe and Mail provided this infographic, and we think it's worth taking a look at. What type of tires do you use in the winter?
Did you know you can get a discount on your insurance by installing winter tires on your vehicle? Learn more here!
peelmutual.com We are pleased to advise that effective January 1, 2016 we now offer a Winter Tire Discount.
Happy December! We have a full month of winter driving tips, and tips on how to keep your home protected through the upcoming season, stay tuned!
Save on your Auto Insurance by driving safely, raising your deductibles, and dropping unnecessary coverage.
Learn more at https://www.peelmutual.com/auto/
[11/27/17] Did you know kale is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat? The leaves are FULL of vitamin C, an antioxidant that may reduce the risk of heart problems by lowering your cholesterol levels. Whether in a smoothie or a salad, try to incorporate more kale into your life! #HealthyLivingTip
Peel Mutual Insurance Company has specialized in insuring rural properties since 1876. Our Pegasus Policy is designed to insure your "Country Estate", providing special coverage for your unique property.
Learn more about the special features of the policy here: https://www.peelmutual.com/Pegasus/
It's #GoForARideDay, but don't forget these Car Break In Prevention tips when you're done!
- Park in well-lit areas
- Activate your alarm if you have one
- Hide your valuables
- Lock your doors
- Keep it tidy
- Completely close windows and sunroofs
Happy Monday! Are you someone who celebrates the new week? Or someone who could use a few extra minutes in bed!?
Has anyone ever told you to take a hike? You might want to listen to them!
Here are 10 reasons why hiking is good for you!
1. Improves your overall health
2. Lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease
3. Helps prevent and control diabetes
4. Increase your energy level
5. Burns calories
6. Increases your bone density
7. Lowers your cancer risk
8. Elevates your mood
9. Alleviates insomnia
10. Provides your daily dose of vitamin D
Did you know that a neglected and dirty fridge could be costing you more money in energy bills and causing your food to spoil faster? Follow these tips! #CleanYourFridgeDay
- Wipe up spills
- Wipe sticky residue from containers
- Go through the produce drawer and throw out anything bad
- Wipe down the door handle
- Throw out anything expired
- Wipe down the shelves and drawers with a mixture of cool water and baking soda
- Test the gasket. Shut the door on a five dollar bill, if it slides out easily replace it to save energy
- If you have a water or ice dispenser, remove bin and wash thoroughly to prevent mold from growing
Today is World Kindness Day. Spread a random act of kindness, whether it be holding a door open or giving someone a compliment!
[11/11/17] Remembering the sacrifices many Canadians made for our country today.
Did you know we offer Contractors insurance? Keep yourself protected and learn more at: https://www.peelmutual.com/business/
Ever had windshield problems?
Keep up with regular maintenance and prevent further repairs.
- Keep a clean windshield
- Replace damaged wiper blades
- Maintain a steady distance from car ahead
- Repair chips immediately
- Park in the shade
Did you know you should update your insurance when you update your home? You may be busy hiring contractors, picking out tiles and fixtures, but one of the most important updates for your home is reevaluating your insurance!
Learn more at: https://www.peelmutual.com/residential/
Whipping up your favourite sandwich today for #SandwichDay?
Be safe! Make sure you know how to use a knife properly. They should always be sharp, as a dull knife is more likely to slip. Hold the food with your non-dominant hand, and curl your fingers under. Go slow and pay attention to avoid mistakes!
[11/01/17] It's November! We hope everyone enjoyed celebrating Halloween last night!
Happy Halloween! What are you dressing up as tonight? Leave a comment below and tell us!
We all want to make a difference, why not start at home? This awesome article gives us tips on 'How to be a Good Neighbour.' https://www.thespruce.com/neighborhood-etiquette-1216903 #MakeADifferenceDay
thespruce.com You may or may not want to to hang out with your neighbors, but you should at least be neighborly. Consider a few tips for a good relationship.
Rain, snow and hail are not the only ones that can cause major problems to your house. Damage from strong winds can cause a number of problems to your house and yard. A well-maintained home is less likely to have wind problems.
1. Ensure that your roof, walls and chimney are in good condition.
2. Check the trees around your property. Unhealthy trees should be removed and all tress should be pruned to remove dead branches and limbs that could fall on your buildings or other property.
3. Consider replacing rock or gravel material with shredded bark, which won't cause damage if it's blown at your house.
4. Make sure your garage door is secure.
5. Clean out your gutters regularly and ensure that they are properly secured to the house.
RBC Insurance®, through its operating entities, provides a wide range of travel, life, health, home, auto, wealth and reinsurance products and solutions.
Insuranceplancanada.com is commited to find cheapest possible premiums for Life Insurance and Travel Insurance needs of Canadians and visitors to Canada.
We are insuring people's economic loss and we have the best rates (45% less for supervisa)the life and health by dealing in all insurance companies.
Financial Consultant with Investors Group Financial Services Inc. helping families and small business owners in creating and realizing their financial plans.
FOR ALL YOUR HOME, AUTO, TENANT, CONDO AND COMMERCIAL INSURANCE NEEDS, WE CAN PROVIDE YOU BEST COVERAGE AND GOOD RATES.CALL ME @9055954600
Protecting your most valuable asset, your ability to earn income now and in the future, requires the appropriate plan with a highly-rated insurance professional. Aace Financial specializes in protecting your income, providing you with peace of mind.
JSP Insurance was founded with a goal of serving our customers and providing them with the best protection possible.
Buy the best Super Visa Insurance including Health Care and Hospitalization and coverage for pre-existing conditions! If Super Visa is declined, 100% Refun
Karl Murray Allstate Agent in Brampton, Ontario, specializes in home and auto insurance services.
I would like to be your one stop shop for all insurance needs as Auto,Home,Business or Life Insurance.I'll find balance between affordability and Solution